one

geoffs p.o.v.

i finally got out of bed on the 4th alarm i had set on my phone, but only because there was an extremely obnoxious tone set for my alarms. halfway through fixing my awful bed head i decided i really wanted orange juice from heb and might as well go grocery shopping anyway, it had been about a week since i went last and my fridge was looking pretty desolate. i quickly threw on an outfit, ripped black skinny jeans and a racing shirt i wore quite frequently, brushed my teeth and headed out for the day. i had my friend otto drive me to heb since his drive to work went by my house and the store as i didn't want to get in the way of anyones schedule cause im a nice guy, i guess.

once i had gotten to the store and into the produce section to look at melons to have for breakfast the next few days i realized i had completely forgotten about my orange juice and headed back to get it. soon after i found myself in the same situation, staring at melons. i had settled on a ripe looking cantaloupe and was putting it in my basket when a purple haired man walked by, and holy shit was he handsome.

"h-hey, nice melons" he stuttered flirtatiously "sorry, haha, i'm really not used to flirting with guys but uh, you uh, looked like um..."

"i looked gay?" i cut the boy off "cause i am, you don't have to feel sorry about assuming it." shit, i'm literally an idiot, i just exposed a pretty big secret of mine to a complete stranger. what. the. fuck. geoff. he must have seen the slight look of panic on my face because he cut off my train of thought a soon as i could feel my face getting red.

"oh! don't worry dude, i am too but i just realized that i am. i've actually never been with a guy and you are literally the only man i've hit on before." he said charismatically, very different from the shy stuttering boy i had seen just moments before. "my name is awsten by the way, i feel like that might be important." he said with a charming smile.

"i'm geoff with a g, only adding that since no one spells my name right" that last part isn't false, i'm always a jeff or a jeph and sometimes a geff, but that last one is pretty rare.

"ya know whats funny?" awsten interjected, "no one spells my name right either. it's a-w-s-t-e-n and no one ever spells it correctly! i've been called astwin before, like, it's not that hard!" he said while pulling out his phone and handing it to me. i wasn't surprising to find it on the page to create a new contact. i took his phone and put my number in and set my name as geoff 🍈 which seemed fitting since our first interaction had to do with melons.

"i guess i'll see you around." i said to the other boy who responded with a smile and a wave. i collected the rest of the groceries i needed but awsten never seemed to leave my mind. although i had just met him, he was like a constant ray of sunshine that would never burn out.

[A/N]
word count: 567
welcome to this clusterfuck of a fic that's literally inspired by a tweet i saw. this is a pretty short chapter compared to what i have planned for the next chapters (im lying i have no plans at all). hope u enjoy this fuckery