six | hopes

S I X | H O P E S

★ ★ ★

Luke bolted through the main entrance door that led to Mr. Narren's office.

He passed three doors and then he was standing in front of Mr. Narren's secretary's table. There sat Veronica, a moody lady in her late-thirties.

She looked at Luke, her glasses placed on the bridge of her nose, and then spoke calmly.

"Mr. Hemmings you're late for your appointment, I'm afraid that Mr. Narren does not wish to see you" She informed Luke.

He arched an eyebrow and then looked at her suspiciously, "Oh really? I've waited for this since last week, he can't do that!" Luke started walking towards Mr. Narren's office but Veronica interrupted him.

"It's delayed till next Friday, 7:30 in the morning" She announced, getting Luke to cross his arms over his chest and tapping his feet on the white tiled floor.

"Too bad, I'm going inside anyway" Luke spoke way too quickly, turned the door knob, and entered the office.

It was a normal office room,neat white floor, dark blue walls and few pantings here and there. Luke instantly sat at the single brown chair in front of Mr. Narren's desk.

"I'm sincerely sorry, I tried warning him but he totally ignored my warnings I'm really--" Veronica apologized to her Mr. Narren.

He rose his fist in order to stop Veronica's rambling, "It's okay I expected him to do this" he said, whilst looking at Luke from the corner of his eye.

Veronica nodded her head, and looked at Luke disapprovingly, she then processed to make her way out of the massive office.

Mr. Narren folded a small yellow paper once in the middle and then placed it inside the huge file that was laying freely on the rectangle shaped office table.

"Am I supposed to sit like this and watch while you do the absolute nothing?" Luke questioned him and started tapping his feet on the ground.

Mr. Narren lifted the file from its position and placed it on the bookshelf behind him, and then he sat down and looked at Luke who was crossing his arms over his chest.

"Firstly, no Mr. Hemmings... We shall start now. Secondly, stop tapping or you'll leave with a broken leg" Mr. Narren informed Luke, his face stern and serious.

Luke immediately stopped tapping and threw his hands up in surrender, "Okay sorry" he mumbled, not even sure if Mr. Narren heard him.

"Good. Now, how has your week been?" Mr. Narren asked, changing the subject and starting what they had to start.

"Good! No I mean greatly spectacular" Luke answered, beaming at Mr. Narren.

"Oh really? That's very impressing Mr. Hemmings. Details please?" Mr. Narren said, writing down some notes on his leather journal.

Luke scratched the back of his neck and then looked at the celling, "I don't know where to start but I'll just say I met some new friends" Luke shortcuts, a small smile playing on his pink lips.

"Hmm very interesting, I'm glad you did. Can you give me more information? Names? Ages? Or even gender?" Mr. Narren asked again, a ghost of smile crossing his face.

"Can I have a paper? I'll list them for you" Luke extended his arm and waited for the paper. Mr. Narren quickly gave him an A4 paper, and Luke wrote down the following:

Penelopé Irwin / girl / six

Ashton Irwin / boy / twenty

Calum Hood / boy / eighteen