Chapter 1

I look, and I see dark eyes. My dark eyes. 'Dark' being the prominent word. These eyes have seen too much for them to hold innocence.

My lips crack in places, and his t-shirt hangs off of my body. I fill much less of it than I used to; than I should.

I twirl a long, dark piece of hair around my finger, watching myself. Wondering how I let myself become like this. Again.

My phone rings for the thousandth time in 2 weeks, but this time I press the green button and hold it to my ear.

"Hello?" My voice is raspy and cracks.

"Arabella?" Elizabeth's frantic voice makes my nerves tense. "Thank God! You do realise you are on the catwalk today?"

"No," I say harshly.

"I thought you may have forgotton, you silly girl," she says smugly. "You don't realise how lucky you are to have me."

She is going to freak when she sees me.

"I'll pick you up in thirty minutes."

"What? No..." I say, but she has hung up so I am left to curse at the phone.

I run my fingers through my hair but am stopped quickly by a matted clump. I decide my hair cannot be saved, so I might as well turn my efforts to another part of myself.

Thirty minutes.

It dawns on me that I have next to no time to transform myself from a zombie, and I go into fast-forward.

I eat all the food I can find, pluck my eyebrows, take a shower, and plaster myself with make up.

I go with denim shorts, a baggy cropped t- shirt with lace edging and an oversized beige cardigan to hide my loss of curves.

By the time the knock of my door comes I almost resemble a human.

She stares at me and gulps.

"Arabella, you look like hell."

You should have seen me half an hour ago.

"Thanks, shall we go?"

*Harry's POV*

"Babe?" I hold my phone to my ear and listen to her uneasy breathing. "Are you ok?" I pick out a coat and hold it against myself, looking at my mirror image. I put it back, it looks like shit on me.

"I've been meaning to tell you something..." she trails off and has my attention. Her voice is wobbly with emotion and I know I am screwed. "You don't love me," she whispers. I can't deny it.

"I.. I care about you.."

"It's not enough," she interrupts. "I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore." What the fuck? "You will always put your job before me." Again, I can't deny it.

"I'm sorry," I simply say. She doesn't bother with the whole 'friend' thing, it's just not her. That was one of the things that attracted me to her: she cuts the shit.

"I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah," I reply. I feel empty.

Will I ever be able to hold a relationship?

"Bye," she says quietly.

"Bye, Anna," I say, but she has already hung up.

I go to my contacts list and scroll down to 'R'. I pause before calling her, guilt filling me.

"Harry, I'm with a customer," Rita snaps after the third ring. "A paying customer." She puts stress on the 'paying' and I roll my eyes. She's such a bitch, but she's good in bed.

"Well, cancel. I broke up with Anna and I need something to take my mind off it," I say.

"Cry me a fucking river. I'll do you a deal," she drones. I wait impatiently.

"Well?"

"You wear boxing tape. That shit really turns me on..."

"As much as I love to hear about your sexual fetishes, do you have the tape?" I interrupt rudely.

"Asshole," she mutters. "No, go buy it. Unless you're short of money." She giggles at her pathetic joke.

"Fine. See you in twenty," I say and hang up.