Reef and the Evil Totem

Reef's POV

"Let's go!" I cheered with Broseph and Johnny as we ran to the water with our boards above our heads. We wadded in before realizing that there were no waves.

"Prffff. Nothin' but flat." Johnny said.

"Let's wait for a bit. The waves have to pick up eventually right?" I said nervously. We floated on our boards for what seemed like hours.

"Duuuddee! I'm board." Broseph complained. Johnny looked around. His eyes landed on one of those water bikes. We tied on end to Broseph's board and tried pulling him along. It seemed to be working until we both got tired and the board stopped moving.

"Whoaa!" Broseph yelled as he slipped off and into the water. Next we tried building a wave out of sand. I stood at the top and slid down. Weak. I shrugged to the guys. It was worth a shot, I guess.

"I know what would make that more fun." Broseph said, an evil smirk forming on his face. Broseph and Johnny balanced on my shoulders. It was harder, and probably dangerous, but WHO CARES! Suddenly, Johnny swatted a fly away, leaning forward and causing us to fall. I got a mouth full of sand as I hit the beach. We pick ourselves up and sat on the ground.

"That was cool but-" Broseph started.

"Not enough of a rush?" I finished. He nodded.

"Ya, there's nothing like surfing." I said.

"Feeling the wind through your hair and water slashing your body." Broseph said.

"Running your hand through the water." I said.

"Smelling the salty air." Broseph sighed.

"Stretching our your butt muscles after sitting all day." Johnny said. We both looked at him weirdly.

"Dude, totally ruined the moment." Broseph said.

"Hey guye, how do you feel about cliff diving?" I asked.

...................................................................Time Skip.............................................................................

"So, what with you and Sage?" Johnny asked as we climbed up.

"Well, huh, I though she was on the Reef train when we were stranded on that deserted island." I said, thinking about the time I nearly kissed her. There were so many more times that I could've shared, but that one seemed the least personal. I though back to yesterday nigh, when we talked about nigh surfing. I promised myself to make that happen. For her. Its the least I could do after what happened that night. And our argument after. I shouldn't have blamed her, I mean, she was probably terrified. 

"You mean the one 10 minutes down the beach from the hotel?" Johnny laughed.

"Hey! We drifted for hours! Anyways, I don't think I'm her favourite person after that night. I mean this morning she called me a wart on the ass of humanity." I said, thinking back to our conversation from this morning.

Flashback

I walked out to see Sage furiously scrubbing her surf board. The red paint was slowly coming off, but it would probably take days.

"Hey, hows the board going?" I asked. She sighed and wiped her head, leaving a streak of red paint in her messy hair.

"Its fine. My swimsuit is ruined though. I'm going to have to get a new one." She said. I watched as she leaned down to grab some paint. She must have noticed at what I was staring at because she turned her head and whipped the wet towel at my face, hitting me on the nose.