Getting out

Lets go back in time a little bit when I was sixteen I found out that I had leukemia. when I started treatment the doctors always asked what it was I wanted to do when I was cancer free. All I wanted to do was see the ocean and go snorkeling, I was told that I might not be able to ever do that, and not only because me leukemia but also because the way the ocean was being treated. I had read about it but didn't want it to be true, I love the ocean and it always brought me hope when I was at my sickest times. I would sit there and dream about what it would be like to feel the water in my legs as I walked out deeper into the waves. " Melissa it's time to drawl more blood sweetheart" my mom says as she walks back into the room. " Okay mom Thanks for letting me know". The doctor walks in and starts to take more blood from my arm to test the white blood cell count. 

The doctor comes back in after a few hours " Guess what Melissa" she asked as she walks back into the room. " yeah" I say sounding confused. " Your cells are healthy and where they need to be, You will have to do one more round of chemo to make sure but.... your cancer free!" I can tell that my mom was just as confused and shocked as I was it had been years and I have wanted to hear those words everyday, and now I finally am. " OMG really are you sure", I say sounding shocked. " yes I am sure". 

My mom fills out the dispatched forms as I do my last round go chemo and get my blood drawn one more time. " Okay sweetheart its time for us to go I be you can't wait to see the house its been awhile". She was right I was happy to see my room again and all my books that I have I hope they are still there the way I left them. We begin to walk out of the hospital and the nurses and doctors line up by the door and say their  goodbyes. I have seen them do this more then once and never though they would be doing it for me. 

Instead of driving home my mom starts to drive towards the ocean. " Mom where are we going" I say as we turn towards the ocean. " You are going to get to swim in the ocean, I have set up a instructor to teach you have to dive" "Mom we don't have the money for this, its fine I will dive some other day..... Sweetheart my mom cuts me off " you just lived though the hardest thing and I have been saving up for this day so that you can see the ocean" I just stand there and look out at the water and see the plastic floating in with the waves and the sun going down in the conner. " Thanks so much mom I love you this means so much to me" . 

the instructor dan comes over and tells me to put the wet suit on so that he can go over the Basics all I have to say to him is " What does it look like under the surface is their plastic to. Dan looks over to me and says " yes there is but its still just how you dreamed it would be". I go and change into the wet suit and then go back out to the water to see dan already to jump in. " alright lets do this" I say.  After about twenty  minutes and instruction we dive in to the water.

The first thing I see is a sea turtle and he is huge, happy just gliding across the water almost as if its nothing.  

Authors note: I know that this has some just thats not true but Im just trying to get stuff down and see where it goes let me know if you guys want more chapters.