Darkness

Trigger warning.

Nico:

My breaths become ragged as tears stream down my face. Thoughts as sharp as knives bear down on me ten at a time. I can't see a way out. I dig my nails into my palms and watch the blood pour out with a twisted sense of happiness. I claw at my face and body, emitting a strange mix of laughter, crying and screaming. The agony is bliss. 

*the next morning*

I wake up on my cabin floor in a pool of dried blood. I make a weak attempt to stand, but fail due to being weak from blood loss. I stare at my scratched body afraid of what I did. My skin has gone from an olive beach to a scarred battlefield. I'm covered in scratches and bruises, and judging from the pain in my hand, I think I've broken my finger. How did I do this to myself? I guess the pain in my head was so great I had to make the physical pain match. I begin to shiver from my lack of clothes. I claw my way to my closet and throw on an oversized black jumper and some dark grey sweatpants. It's difficult getting dressed on the floor with a broken finger, but I manage. I gather all of my strength and stand up. Leaning on my wall, I hobble my way out of my door. Fanculo. There's a mass of yellow blankets laying on my doorstep, and a blonde head popping out. Not again. I go to close the door but am stopped by a soft tug on my wrist, I wince because of the cuts and turn around. "What do you want Solace." I spit out with as much anger as I can muster in my weakened state. I'm surprised when his gaze doesn't waver. "I heard screaming, crying and manic laughter last night. I came to check on you, but you wouldn't open the door. What happened last night?" Was I so loud they could here me from the Apollo cabin? "it's none of your business." He tightens his grip on my wrist and I can't help but whimper. He begins to pull up my sleeve, I'm frozen in horror as his face is taken over by shock at my war zone of a wrist. I quickly come to my senses and pull away, causing my weak body to collapse. I feel warm arms gently lift me up bridal-style and start running to the infirmary. For some reason, I don't try to escape. I go past near-panic-attack madness, and a strange sense of calm washes over me, I guess a human body can only handle so much emotion. For some reason I allow Will to remove my clothing and heal my many wounds. I can see his lips moving, but I can't hear any words. Am I dead?