CHAPTER 1-FALLING

Hey guys! This is my first book. And there might be a lot of grammatical mistakes, so please manage with my words 🙏 Let me know your thoughts about this part in the comments 💬  

Love y’all! 

Happy Reading! 

             CHAPTER 1:  FALLING 

          Amber’s POV 

                      “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”
Loud voices of everyone woke me up once again from my sleep. Yes, ONCE AGAIN, it was first at midnight but I don’t remember it clearly as my sweet sleep is more important.  

                      I look up with my heavy eyes to find my Mom, Dad and my little sis, Ariel.

“Finally! You woke up” Ariel said, “You were so asleep that you didn’t even hear Dad falling while coming upstairs” 

“You fell?” I asked Dad “Are you alright?”

Dad gave a wry look to Ariel and defended “Hey! That information was not needed and I’m very fine. Anyways I have fell many times. So I’m good.”

“When?” my mom ask with a worried look on her face.
“In love for you, Honey” 

Mom blushed at this.
Ariel made a weird look at this and turned to get out of my room. 

“Come on sleeping beauty, get yourself freshen up or you’ll get late again. And Alice is driving you to school today, remember?” Mom asked.
Yeah, how can I forget that.

After couple of minutes I was ready. I ran downstairs. 

“Why are schools held early in the morning?” I asked getting down from the stairs.

I have put on blue loose top which says ‘Hang on' in cursive font with a pair of Blue jeans. That is a cool outfit for my birthday, isn’t it? 

“Believe me, I ask that question to myself everyday” Ariel confessed. 

“You teenage girls!” Dad expressed putting his head out of the newspaper, “You are in school, you should enjoy waking up in the morning. Doing some exercise” He suggest. 

Ariel rolled her eyes on that “Plus Amy, you should let negative thoughts like this drown today. Be Happy! It’s your birthday! I know how happy you used to get on your birthday. You used to wait whole day for the presents And used to watch a new movie with Alice and Dan…”  

Before he could finish the sentence, I interrupt “Daddy, Mornings are boring and it is not a negative thought plus I am happy today” I showed him my happiness by developing a big smile on my face. He smiled at me too.

“Hey! Here is your birthday special!” Mom came on the dining table with a dish on her hand. 

“Brownies!!” Ariel and I shouted together. It’s our family’s tradition. Whoever birthday it is, for breakfast, chocolate brownies bites will be served. We finish it more faster than we thought. 

“So, Alice is driving you to school today?”

“Yep” I replied to Dad’s question. 

“So that means I am going alone with Dad” Ariel announced. 

“I don’t think so Alice might have any problem taking you with Amy”  

“Yep, there’s no problem with it” Our eyes follow the direction of the voice. “Ali!” I expressed seeing my best friend.

“Happy Birthday Amy Pamy!” Amy Pamy? I think she should know that I don’t like that name anymore.   

“Thank you” I thanked her with not-so-pleasing-smile. She rolled her eyes and corrected “Happy Birthday Amy!” I grinned at this “That’s like my best friend” I patted on her shoulder. She shrugged.  

“Ugh, Now I have to go to school with these stupid creatures” Ariel rolled her eyes.  

“Hey! You should thank me for increasing the beauty of the earth rather than calling me a stupid” Alice joked. 

                  • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

          We reached school in 15 minutes. And I was here waiting at the parking area for God knows how long for my dear bestie as she was parking the car.

Finally I saw her coming towards me. “You suck at parking, you know?”

She make a smirk on her face “You don’t even know how to drive” I rolled my eyes on that.  

           “By the way, thank you for driving me to school” I said.

“Why are your thanking me? What happened to you? Are you alright?” She asked me with a confusing look 

“Nothing happened to me. It’s just..” 

“It’s just?” 

“It’s just you’ve been so much spending time with your other best friend. I mean you’ve not driven me to school for like months. And to him you were driving daily. And today you are driving me only because it's my Birthday”  

“Oh! That’s the thing. Amy! He has been grounded by his parents for using his car. But you don’t have to think of that anymore. Brian will be driving him now. And plus You are my Best friend not him. He is just a good friend” She replied. 

“Oh well then where this Brian guy was all these days?” 

“Amy, Daniel just asked me if I was free for driving him to school and I thought it will be okay with you as your Dad is always there for you and Ariel to drive”  
“Well, it’s not only driving, okay” 

“Then what is it?” She shrugged her shoulders. I rolled my  eyes and went to take out my books from my locker. I saw Alice finishing her banana and throwing the peels on the floor. 

I was going towards her locker with pile of books to take my maths notebook from her.
Just as I was skipping those evil bananas peels I saw one of the book was falling, I prevented that book from falling but lost my balance and ….oops!

I fell down but wait the ground is not that soft, it can’t lift your hands. I open my eyes to met a pair of hazel eyes.

Great! Green eyed Devil.

Daniel.

“Falling for me, Amy?”  

I hate bananas!

I hate gravity!

Let me know your thoughts in the comments. 

And please Vote and share if you like this story!