15th Chapter: Coming Home

"Is that everything?" Ryoma asked her as the driver of the car loaded their luggage at the back compartment, "You did not forget anything?"

"I think that's everything." Ryuzaki replied, initially thinking hard of the things that she may have forgotten.

"If that's everything, we can go now, Sir." the driver closed the compartment and Ryoma nodded. The two university students got inside the car. Sakuno on the back seat and Ryoma at the front, beside the driver.

It's 6 am and they are scheduled to fly back to Japan at 8:30 am. Ryuzaki took a deep breath, as she looked at the moving buildings and establishments as they made their way to the airport. It's been months since she's last home. And while Ryoma isn't a bad housemate, she craves the company of her Grandmother in their own house.

Looking at the front, she can see Ryoma's bored face in the hanging mirror inside. He isn't wearing his hat, but he had his tinted shades placed at the top of his head. He yawned, and when he looked up at the mirror, the girl immediately looked away. Too awkward to make eye contact.

She shouldn't have been surprised, that Ryoma already knew about the wedding before she told him. When she brought the subject up, he already arranged the tickets and the dates. Apparently, that same morning she received her friends' e-mails, the Echizen also received one from their Momo-senpai.

Sakuno sighed, relieved that Ryoma already arranged everything. She was not sure if she can actually get the tickets on such short notice. As the airport visibly get closer, she smiled to herself. She can't wait.

------

"Ryoma-kun! I can see the Tokyo Tower from here." She excitedly tried to get his attention. Her heart swelled, realizing there's only a few minutes before she takes the step to her home land. She didn't immediately realize the closeness that happened when Ryoma leaned to her side, looking outside the window. She can make out the small smile in his lips. Seeing his reaction, she wondered why he didn't visit within those five years. But before she gathered the courage to ask him, she dismissed the thought. Ryoma just may have his personal reasons, and she can't possibly question those. The idea of those reasons made her feel a bit deflated.

When they landed, it was Ryoma who pushed their luggage cart. She felt quite guilty that he's carrying her luggage. But when she volunteered to push too, he just gave her a wondering look. And so, she let him.

The airport is as busy as usual. The noise of people talking and rushing to their respective places, was all too familiar. After the duo passed by the security, they walked a bit further to the waiting area. Sakuno's eyes scanned the place, looking for the familiar face of her friend, Tomoka who volunteered to wait for them. Amidst the sea of faces, Tomoka's loud calling of Sakuno got their attention. Sakuno's bestfriend held a placard: Ryuzaki Sakuno and Echizen Ryoma-sama. Beside the girl is Ryuzaki Sumire, who had a wide smile in her face.

Without realizing it, Sakuno rushed ahead, giving her grandmother and best friend a tight hug. She just missed them so much. And no amount of e-mails and calls beat the feeling of actually seeing them.

"How's America, Sakuno?" her grandmother asked.

"It was great, so far! There were a lot of people helping me around." the younger Ryuzaki replied, holding her grandmother's hand.

"You have lots of secrets to spill to us, Sakuno." Tomoka slyly said, "Is Ryo---"

"Mou, Tomo-chan!" she covered Tomoka's mouth, a faint blush in her cheeks appeared, knowing Tomoka would tease her a lot about a certain prince.

"How's your flight, Ryoma?" the elder Ryuzaki asked the approaching boy, "I see you've gotten much taller." she said with a joking smile.

"It was okay, Ryuzaki-sensei," he greeted, "You've grown older too."