3. O Christmas Tree

Feelin' Christmassy
Do you want more X-Mas imagines oooor other moments? Let me know!!

Large hands hooked the golden string ,that held a star ornament, upon the loose tree branch. "Can I put the angel on top, Mick?" You asked, stood in your pastel green nightgown, stood a few steps behind. "Of course," He confirmed looking slightly over his right shoulder, "it's still in its box." He told you before you even asked.

"Oh" you smiled, turning to find the cardboard box already open on the wooden end table. Gently, you lifted the golden angel figure and swivelled slowly to show Mick. "Look at it!" You gasped, just over a whisper. "I know." Your fiancé smiled at your expression with awe. Your eyes focused from the shimmering star to Mick, he was gazing back at you with content.

"Let's get it on the tree then, love." He spoke, breaking the comfortable silence. "Yeah." You panted quietly with agreement, stepping forward to reach up the tree. On tip-toes, you reached with all your might but no luck - Mick just chuckled at your grunts and huffs.

"One minute, I've got just the thing!" He pointed a finger to the ceiling at his lightbulb moment. Mick scuttled out the room and after a few clatters and rummaging clangs, he ran back into the room with the small step ladder he purchased a few weeks ago.

"Oh no." You rolled your eyes, knowing he had been desperate to use it. "I knew it would come in handy." He placed it down at your bare feet. "Hop on, my dear." His hands patted the metal, you did just that.

"Oof." You wobbled at the second step, gripping onto the ornament in your left hand and toes clenching for grip. "Be careful." Mick gasped, his hand coming in contact with your lower back. "You alright?"

You hummed back, "mmhm." The angel sat perfectly on the tree, you smiled with satisfaction as you pulled back and stepped down. "I wish I could photograph this moment." Mick spoke, wrapping an arm around your waist to pull you into his chest as soon as you set foot beside him.

You breathed into his shirt, taking in that familiar scent of your Mick. "I'm sorry." He broke the silence for the second time that evening. "What for..?" You pulled back, palms at his chest and brows furrowed with confusion. "The tree.." Mick frowned. "What-?" You began but he cut you off. "It's not exactly a great big tree, is it? I'm sorry, I just.." He sighed.

"Mick, love." You smiled at his adorable excuses, "that tree, we decorated it together, it's perfect. It's our tree and this moment with you, is perfect. You're all I want and more." You tip-toed once more to peck at his frown that was soon turned upside down in a grateful grin.