Twenty-Seven

The next morning, Belle sat alone at the Ravenclaw table, enjoying the company of Quidditch Through The Ages - the library version, not the one she had thrown at James the previous night.

Her spoonful of cereal was halfway to her mouth when she noticed someone taking a seat in front of her, who didn't belong in Ravenclaw house. Belle raised her eyebrow in surprise as Harry leaned forwards on the table, an easy-going smile on his face.

"Morning," he greeted Belle, who returned the smile, though rather sleepily. She closed her book after sliding her bookmark inside it and set it down on the table next to her.

"Good morning," she replied.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what are you doing at the Ravenclaw table?" She asked and Harry scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, before pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" He asked curiously.

"Other than finishing off the mountain load of homework that only seems to be getting bigger as the days go on? Nothing, why?" She asked.

"Is there... is there any way you could meet me at Hagrid's tonight? Just after curfew?" Harry answered with a question, which caused Belle to raise an eyebrow. She was quiet for a moment, wondering whether or not it was a good idea to meet him with the study she had to do for the upcoming exams, which were already stressing her, and the amount of homework that her professors had given her.

"Oh, go on, Belle," she heard Tonks call from beside her.

"You know you enjoyed sneaking around last night - tonight maybe you'll be doing that with Harry." Belle bit down on the inside of her cheek to stop herself from hissing Tonks' name. Instead of doing so, she nodded at Harry, who looked visibly relieved.

"Great," he said.

"Er - wear something warm and comfy." With that, the black-haired boy stood up and bid the girl goodbye, before making his way over to the Gryffindor table. She ignored the odd looks she was getting from the other Ravenclaws sitting around her and instead picked up her book once more, hiding her face behind the pages as Tonks' uproarious laughter at her expression caused her cheeks to heat up.

"I do believe that our Belle just got asked out on a date," Tonks grinned when Fred appeared. He gasped and turned towards Belle, who simply rolled her eyes.

"Absolutely not! I will not allow it!" He scolded the Ravenclaw, who cleared her throat to stop herself from giggling.

"Fred," Tonks started casually, causing the Weasley boy to turn towards her.

"Yes?"

"It was Harry."

"It's not a date," Belle muttered from out of the corner of her mouth as Fred gasped once more, sliding into the seat next to Belle.

"Hey, Belle?" Tonks asked and the Ravenclaw glanced up at her.

"Please shut up. Don't ruin this for me."

~~~

To some miracle, when Belle headed down to Hagrid's hut that night, wearing her blue Weasley sweater, she managed not to get caught by a prowling Filch or any of the Prefects or Head students. With her hands shoved into her pockets, she approached Harry, who was talking quietly to Hagrid.

"Hello, Belle," Hagrid greeted as the girl came closer and she smiled at him.

"Hi, Hagrid. Pippin's not giving you too much grief, is she?"

A crashing sound echoed from inside his house and he smiled sheepishly at the Ravenclaw, who shook her head.

"You're always welcome to give her back to me if she's too much trouble," Belle offered, but Hagrid only waved one of his large hands in response.