Chapter 1

I hear the heavy footsteps outside the door. My mom is in the kitchen arranging the table for dinner.He's here. And he's gonna hurt me again. I run to the kitchen and grab my mom's legs from behind. She turns, smiles at me the smile not quite reaching her eyes and tells me to go to my room. I refuse to part but after a glare from her I run upstairs.

I close the door behind me and crawl under the bed. I hear the door downstairs being opened harshly and closed with a bang. I shudder when I hear a glass bottle crash and my mom scream on top of her lungs.

I close my eyes pretending to be invisible. If only I was.
I listen closely as there are no more sounds from downstairs which scares me even more.
But then the stairs creak and my door flies open. And there stands the monster from hell. I shift even more inside the dark space under the bed.

"Sweet sugar?!  Where ya hiding? " he yells.

I cry silently but screech loudly when a rough, big hand grabs me and pulls me from under the bed. His eyes are red and his hand is raised to hit me. I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my cheek searing through my face in the most cruel way possible.

I scream and struggle to get out of his grip but in vain. Just as a second blow was going to land on my other cheek I hear sirens from a police car.

The man frantically looks out of the window as the distant red and blue lights come closer. He roughly throws me on the ground and grabs his baggage which consisted of a small elegant suitcase.

"I'll get back to you! You keep that in mind! " he shouts as he runs out.

I feel my head getting lighter as I fall down on the floor. My vision starts to blacken and my hands fell sweaty. I try to get up , to get to mom but my brain signals to my body are just ignored. I just lay there until it is almost impossible to keep my eyes open and I slip into an unfamiliar darkness.

~~
I am sorry for the chapters being so short but I will update as and when possible so it's not just one short chapter per week.
It will be mostly one or two or maximum three per week.
Thank you folks. See you.