{33} Choices

"I'm a saviour, we're supposed to save people"

•••

"You really thought that they were gonna let you go? Let you walk away from here without a word?" The man known as Jared threw his head back in an eruption of laughter, "damn, that shit is gold!"

"Shut up, asshole." Brooklyn stretched her legs out, resting her back uncomfortably against the wooden fence posts. Her deal with Michonne didn't work well, it turns out that Rick still wanted to keep her here for leverage. Though Brooklyn had tried to argue back and explain that the saviours didn't want her and that it was Simon now running the show- Rick refused to believe it and called her a liar.

And now? Brooklyn found herself shoved outside in the middle of the night, freezing cold and cooped up like some animal in a cage with the rest of the imprisoned saviours and that spineless coward Gregory.

Life was great.

"Seriously though, you had a chance to escape, and you didn't!" Jared motioned to the confined space around them, as they all sat hunched over in the mud, "you could've let us out! And then, we could've gone back to the sanctuary with Simon yesterday and-"

Every time Brooklyn heard that name, she wanted to throw up. Every living fibre in her body held a deep resentment for the man, and she made sure that the first thing she was going to do when she got back home, was kill him. "Don't you dare say that name again," she snarled, "he doesn't want us! Why would you still want to go with him you fucking moron?"

Jared sloppily stood up, his arms hanging low by his waist whilst he stumbled over to where the girl was, "call me a moron again, bitch," he tested, "Negan ain't here to save you."

A cheeky smirk protruded her chapped lips and she shrugged shoulders, "okay," her witty personality came as a surprise to them all as she verbally attacked the greasy-haired man. "You are a pathetic, fucking moron who is only still alive because really, you're a pussy that'll lick the shit off of Negan's boot as long as that means you'll get to live!" She sweetly smiled and held her palm up to her ear, "sorry, what was that about Negan needing to save me?" Brooklyn giggled, "nothing? Oh ok."

All of the other saviours attempted to hold in a laugh, some of them failing to, and snorting instead. To be fair, Brooklyn was quite impressed as it had seemed to knock Jared down a peg or two. Instead of mustering up a response, the obnoxious saviour grunted and sat back down.

The girl yawned, pulling the top of her hoodie above her head so that her face was shielded from the cold. Of course she refused to sleep, she couldn't guarantee any safety whilst surrounded by men that she didn't know- sure they were saviours but that didn't mean that she trusted them.

By now, mostly everyone had fallen in to a dreamless slumber- apart from Brooklyn. She continued to sit where she had been for hours, twiddling mindlessly with her thumbs and occasionally drawing patterns in the soil.

"Hey!"

Brooklyn's ears perked up, her gaze landing on a small boy around the age of twelve. Held in both of his hands was a large machine gun, whatever intentions he had, they weren't pleasant. Curious however, Brooklyn crept towards the front of the fence, linking her fingers around the wire, "what are you doing out here kid? It's not safe."

Ignoring her question completely, the boy pulled on the straps of his weapon and gestured it towards the snoozing group of saviours, "d'you know which one killed my brother?"

"No," she blatantly replied, "I don't even know who you are."

It seemed like the boy had no fear whatsoever, and so, he took one step closer, "I'm Henry, I'm from the kingdom, who are you?"