THORNS

The next morning felt something that came out of a fairy tales. No idea how long I spent gazing at the girl curled up against me, not even minding the bruises and pains from evening before.

At first look, Fleur seemed delecate as a petal, easy to get crushed, something to be protected.

But I knew now that she was the woman that possessed a big heart behind all the fluff and pomp, and bravery unlike I've ever seen in anyone.

Protective and caring, with a fierce capacity to love, the only other woman I've seen like that was my mum.

As if feeling my gaze on her, she stirred and opened her eyes, giving me a smile that made my heart ache.

It wasn't beautiful because of superficial reasons, but because her smile was one of trust and love that filled my chest with contentment.

It was in that moment, that I knew without a doubt that this was the smile I wanted to wake up to for the rest of my life. Not wanting to scare her away with my unbridled thoughts, I returned her smile and bent down to kiss her.

For the rest of the month, I almost moved in with Fleur. We quickly developed a routine where she got off the work before me and went home.

By the time I would get home, I had warm food and warmer embrace waiting for me.

We would eat and talk, she would tell me how she spent the rest of her day, her family, her schooling and anything else there was to know about her.

In return, I would tell her about my family, my work in Egypt, growing up as eldest of six sibling and anything that I could think of about me without giving out anything mentions of Order.

Being with Fleur felt easy as breathing. Not to mention, every night I got to feel those beautiful lips and body beneath mine for hours before we would fall asleep in each other's arms.

Things were getting serious between us even after our proclamations, and we both felt it.

Many times in the evening when we were getting closer, both emotionally and physically, I've felt her wanting to say something, but she always held back.

Like 2 weeks after the night of the attack we were on her bed after dinner her lips hungrily moving against mine, my tongue exploring and drinking her exquisite taste, when I felt her palm push at my chest.

I was shirtless and her warm palm ignited my blood like I've never been touched by a girl before. Pulling back, I gazed lovingly at her face.

She looked beautiful, her lips red and slightly swollen from bruising kisses I have been giving her all evening, her robe carelessly thrown at the edge of her bed, the straps of her night gown down her arms like they cannot decide whether to stay up her silky shoulders or slide down.

Her silvery blonde tresses were messed up and the satin blue nightgown was pulled up to her slim thighs where my hand was exploring her soft skin just a minute ago.

I expected her eyes to sparkle like sapphires in the dark with mischief like it generally did when we were in the middle of a heavy snogging session, but her eyes were serious, hesitant.

"What's wrong love? You're okay?" I asked breathlessly.
Swallowing, she started, "Oui, I'm okay. Beel I wanted to talk to you about sometheeng."

One of the most enchanting things about Fleur was that she knew exactly what she wanted and had no qualms going after it.

She wasn't the type to shy away or be bothered by being judged. I had found that out when Noles, the goblin at the reception, found us in an empty chamber three days ago stealing a few kisses when we thought rest of them were off for lunch.