The Secret Part 2

"We have a daughter"

She said while crying after he arrived in her hotel room and hugged her. He let her go and just stood there. Shocked, dumbfounded. Trying to process what she just said. She kept on crying and telling him how sorry she is for not telling him sooner and by sooner she meant 25 years ago.

He opened his mouth and was about to say something but he doesn't know what to say. He is confused about what to do. So that news on the TV was true. She really has a daughter and that daughter is his. Funny how he just joked about it hours ago and found it amusing but right now, everything is far from amusing. He is extremely mad at her for not telling him but seeing her in this state makes him want to hold her and tell her that everything will be fine.

"Where is she right now?", he finally uttered. She looked up at him.

"New Jersey. Doing her residency", she said in between her sobs.

"She's a doctor?", he asked and all she can do is nod. She looked down, afraid to look at him in the eye; embarrassed on what she has done. She was expecting him to shout at her, to do something to show his rage. Heck, she even expected him to hit her but he didn't. He was calm or maybe that is just because he was still in shock. Who wouldn't be?

"The truth is, I am mad at right now. I have so many things to say. You kept this from me for 25 years! And she is a doctor now! A woman! I didn't even see her grow up! How could you Rach? I have every right to know about her. You deprived me of that 25 years! You have several chances to let me know. But you didn't. Why? ", he said. His face now red with anger.

"I know and I expected you to be angry with me. If only I can turn back time and tell you..."

"But you can't", he cut her off. His eyes still on her.

"I can't and I am sorry. Really really sorry. Chard, please let me expl...", she said looking at him with pleading eyes.

"I need to think. Can I go now?", he cut her off and with that, he left the room.

When he left, she broke down. She wanted to explain to him her side of the story on why she didn't tell him about their daughter but she knew that in the end, she is still at fault and she doubts Richard will listen to her for she knows that he is mad at her right now. There are so many things she wants to tell him. She was about to text him when her phone started ringing. It was from her manager and dear friend, Vivian.

"Where are you?", Vivian said with a worried tone.

"I am in Ormoc. Viv, sinabi ko na sa kanya.", she said while wiping her tears with her hand.

"And how did he take it? Nagalit ba?"

"Of course, he got mad. He asked if where is she right now and I told him she is in New Jersey. I wanted to explain myself Viv but I got scared kasi alam ko na ako ang mali and nahihiya ako sa ginawa ko.", she said as fresh tears came pouring from her eyes again.

"But you have your reasons naman Mare and he should know that. ", Vivian said and they continued to talk about how to handle the press about the news that is going on around her. They decided to admit to the everyone that she has a daughter but not to tell them about her identity unless her daughter wants to. All of this they will do after Dawn talk with her daughter and Richard as well. 

Author's notes: Please vote and comment! Thank you :D