faq

A S K M E

Here is where you can ask me questions about my covers or cover making in general and I'll do my best to answer them. Below are the questions I get asked the most.

01 | What do you use to make your covers?

I use Photoshop CS6 to make all my graphics.

02 | If I want to try and make my own covers, but don't have Photoshop, what are some good photo editors I can use?

Some people do not know. Photoshop, which is made by Adobe, is (now) a monthly subscription. Yes, you need to pay to use it. This is why many people use other editors instead because it can be pricey.

As for free websites or apps to use to make covers, there is Pixlr Editor (website) that is the closest editor to Photoshop I've found. And for phone apps, most people like to use PicsArt or GIMP. I know a lot of designers on here who use these apps and create insane work. Half of which I probably couldn't do with my 'fancy' Photoshop.

03 | Can I send you pictures to use?

Yes! All you have to do is add the links to the pictures you'd like me to use in with your form under the ideas section. Please do the same thing if you've found graphics you'd like me to use as inspiration for creating your cover.

04 | Can I request for a friend/another author?

No, I'm sorry, but you cannot. Each person must request for themselves.

05 | Where do you find your images/resources/fonts?

I will normally search Google Images even though it is the most time consuming way to find things. Other than that, I use Deviantart for textures and pngs and then Tumblr and Pinterest for anything else. Dafont or Befonts are my go-tos for the best selection of fonts.

06 | How do I get my cover?

A preview of your cover will be shown in a chapter dedicated to you. You must tell me if you are going to use it or not. Be honest. You won't hurt my feelings, I promise. Comment your answer in your book cover's specific chapter and then I will pm you a direct link if you plan to use it.

07 | Why was I denied?

There are a few reasons as to why I deny requests. 1) because I had no inspiration to make your cover. 2) the ideas in your form were either too specific or too vague. 3) I've already made a cover close to what you are asking for.

08 | What are the different cover types?

Minimal/Vector covers: For my graphics, minimal cover use the least amount of detail to create a fully depicted image. Vector graphics here on wattpad use shapes of different colors to create a image which sometimes give more detail than a basic minimal cover. I use vectors to create all of my minimal graphics no matter what.

Simple covers: Pretty much just a single image with a font placed over it. They are very clean-cut and easy to look at, with very little to no use of effects or textures.

Manip covers: This uses multiple images, textures, lighting effects, color psds that are then blended together to create a whole new image.

09 | Will you ever do a tutorial on how you make your vector covers?

I've been asked this question so many times over the years. Unfortunately, I do not make tutorials. It's a time thing. And what little free time I have I would much prefer to be making graphics.

10 | Are you willing to make covers for books from other countries or languages?

Yes! As long as the form you provide when requesting is in English, excluding title/subtitle/author if they are meant to be in whatever language the book is in.

more to be added...