Safe & Sound (Mikasa x Eren)

As I lay here on the soft green grass, my mind is filled with bittersweet memories.

It starts with the time I first truly realized that the world is cruelly beautiful. I lay on the cold hard floor as they talk of my fate. Then he came. He came and saved me, in more ways than one. I had lost everything. My Father. My Mother. Dead and gone to me until my time came. He saved me. When I was weak, he gave me courage to fight. When I was cold, he wrapped me in his scarf. His scarf. I never took it off. That scarf was what kept me going. What kept me alive. It gave me strength. It gave me warmth. It gave me his love. He is the reason I'm alive. He is the reason I'm dying. Its all his fault. And I love him for that.

He saved me then. Where is he know? Trying to be the hero yet again, I assume. And here I am. Alone. Broken. Scared.

I look up at the clouds in the big blue sky. The world truly is cruelly beautiful. It gives you hope, then breaks you completely. It gives you a life, but for what? To make a difference? We've accomplished nothing. To find love in this world? I did, but look where it got me.

I close my heavy eyes. The world is starting to blur.

"I-I'm coming home... m-mommy... da-addy..." I whisper weakly as the world around me continues to fade.

"Mikasa!"

I open my eyes slightly.

"E-eren... Eren" I whisper once more.

"Mikasa! Mikasa wake up! Mikasa stay with me!"

I blink slowly. A blurred figure is next to me. Its yelling my name. Who is it? Its... Its...

"Eren..." I whisper happily

He holds me. He holds me like never before.

"Mikasa! Please don't die on me! Don't leave me! Not yet!"

I smile weakly. He came. He came to me.

"Mikasa! Please don't leave me! I'm so sorry! I-I need to tell you-"

"D-don't... It's ok-kay..."

"No! Its not okay! I never say it, but I- I love you! Mikasa I love you! So please don't leave me!"

Tears filled his eyes. Those big, green eyes. Those eyes that drew me in and killed me. How I love his eyes.

I close my eyes again. I just want to go home. To my mother and father. I want to go home.

"M-mikasa... please don't leave... I need you... I love you... I love you..."

He kept whispering those three words.

I love you.

Those three words I've never heard from him until just now.

I feel a warm, soft force pressed against my lips. It was him. It was Eren. He was kissing me. He was trembling.

I smiled. And that was the last thing I did while alive.

I can see myself, lying on the soft green grass. He was knelt down next to my body. He was crying. He was crying for me. And I was so happy.

I left him. I gave him hope, and left him.

The world is cruelly beautiful.

I had to wait until it was all over. He had done it. He had killed them all, just like he said he would.

Well, almost all of them. Every single one, except himself.

He stared at himself. With pride. With sorrow. With hate. He took his blade, and came to me.

We left the cruelly beautiful world. We left and went home. And home we shall stay forever with our friends and family. With everyone that was sent home by the titans.

We no longer suffer.

We are happy now.

We are safe and sound.