Alone: TVD Short Story

{ for my role play with fallxnblossoms }

It was a dark, snow-storming night in Mystic Falls, Virginia.

Jeremy is laying in his room, sulking.

     His bedroom window opening disrupted his thoughts. He sat up quickly, looking over as he watched a very slim girl wiggle into his window and tumble onto the floor. He quickly stood up and went over to that side of his bed, curious to see who had stumbled in.
     But of course, he already knew who it was.

     "Percy....?" Jeremy asked quietly, opening the window before helping the girl to her feet. "Wh-What are you doing here?"
The girl looked up at him with lost, drained eyes. Her skin was pale, white as a sheet. Jeremy gently set the girl on his bed, swiftly going for his closet to get her a jacket.
"Percy, it's freezing cold outside." He told her as he plucked his black jacket from it's hanger and brought it over to her. "Why are you wearing running shorts and a tank top?"

Percy didn't answer. This caused a sigh to escape Jeremy's lips. The boy wrapped the jacket around her shoulders, causing her to hug it to her body. She looked so different from when they were kids; you could almost see her entire skeleton through her skin, her eyes were empty and lost, and she seemed to not give a damn if she died. Some days, he had found out, she had preferred if she were. He groaned softly, looking at the girl's face.

     "Jer...." Percy murmured, slowly scooting closer to him. "....I....have something. For you."
     "W'll....what is it?" He asked curiously, scooting back just a bit. Percy frowned softly, but pulled a small vile out of her bra. Jeremy made a face. "What is that?"

     Percy lightly rolled her eyes at his reaction, but held up the liquid to the light. It was the color of the clear sea water in the Bahamas that Jeremy had seen pictures of.
     "You know about Lydia." She murmured, more of a statement and less of a question. Jeremy slowly nodded.
     "Yeah...yeah I know."
     "And you love her?"
     This question threw Jeremy off guard.
     "I mean...yeah. Yeah, I love her."
     Percy placed the vile in his palm. Jeremy slowly wrapped his fingers around it, feeling the surprisingly cold glass.

     "Wh-...." He twisted the vile in his hands. "What does this do?" Jeremy looked back at Percy. The poor girl looked like she was going to burst into tears at any moment.
     "....it's immortality in a bottle." She told him. "So now....you won't have to be...a-a vampire, to be with Lydia forever...."

     Jeremy was shocked. Was this sort of thing even possible? How had she done it? Was this why she looked so horrible?
     "Percy..." He looked back at her from staring at the bottle. "Wh-...why would you do this?" He asked, worry filling his eyes at her condition. "Why would you make this for me?"

     Percy looked at him again, silently crying right there in front of him.
       "Because....one of us shouldn't have to be alone forever."

Before she could answer any more of his questions, Percy went into a coughing fit, before collapsing onto the hardwood floor with a ghost of a smile crossing her chapped lips.