|2| Three Days and 'Father'|

Ever heard the phrase, make a pig of yourself? Perhaps a family member or friend has said this to you, especially at a dinner table or a festive holiday. It means to not be to greedy or criticizing them for eating a very large amount at one meal and perhaps going for seconds.

Sadly that wasn't the case for this hungry blonde. Lucy was thrown in a basement with a small window, she would have escaped by window if it wasn't for the fact she could barley fit her head through it.

The only sounds she heard was the growls that emerged from empty stomach.

Three days...is all she could think. I've been stuck here for three days.

Lucy heard the door creak open causing her to back away slowly. After awhile footsteps were heard and the lights were turned on.

Lucy looked around, this was the first time she's seen the whole room with light. There was an old bed that was green and black in some areas, there was a gross looking sink, toilet, and shower.

The man who had taken her away from her parents-or more accurately her parents away from her-stood with a wide smile.

"Darling there is no need to sleep on the floor, there is a comfortable bed right beside you." He cooed as he walked closer to her with a bucket in one hand and the other with a tray of food. "It really is my fault I didn't tell you there was any light in this room."

Lucy nodded with a scared expression. The man noticed and placed down the tray in front of Lucy. The delicious smell of pancakes filled her nose. Her stomach growling wanting to eat.

"Go ahead and eat honey, I didn't poison it or anything I promise." He said. Lucy slowly brought the tray into her lap, she cautiously pick up the fork and knife and cut a piece for herself, she sniffed it a few times before she placed it into her mouth and started chewing.

No blood coming from my nose or eyes. I'm not breaking out into a coughing fit or having the sudden urge of vomiting.

When she realized the food wasn't tainted she continued to eat, more animal-like than she would have preferred, but she was starving and wanted to eat anything. She also drank from the water bottle on the tray.

"I knew you'd like it." The man said as he stared at Lucy tenderly. "I've also brought you cleaning supplies in case you felt the need to wash the sink and toilet, or even the shower." He chuckled to himself, "ironic isn't it? Cleaning the place were you should feel clean."

Lucy chuckled a bit before stuffing her mouth again.

"Once you finish eating you can wash your tray and leave it by the door for me to pick up tomorrow." The man said as he bent down slightly. He placed a blonde strain of hair behind her ear causing Lucy to flinch and the man to frown.

"W-what is your name sir?" Lucy questioned.

"I am Igneel Dragneel, but you can call me daddy or father!" He smiled widely.

"Why did you kill mommy and daddy?" Lucy asked with tears stinging her eyes. The man frowned deeper and threw a fist at the wall.

"I AM YOUR DADDY!" He took a deep breath, "I am your daddy sweetie."

Lucy nodded violently and chugged the water.

"Have a good rest, I'll leave the light on for you princess."

"O-Okay."

"Okay what?"

"Okay father."

Igneel squealed like a teenage girl, "I'm so happy to hear that! Good-night pumpkin!"

Lucy flinched at the nickname. Since she is a child she was always given some pet name by her parents.

Jude Heartfilia-Lucy's hard working father-liked calling Lucy his kitten. Layla Heartfilia-Lucy's stay at home mother-called Lucy her doll. They were both very loving and Lucy loved the simple yet significant names.

Lucy looked at the red bucket by her side. She crawled towards it and peaked inside. Their was different chemicals and brushes as well as dusters.

She picked a feather duster by its handle and looked around the room with a small slender finger pressed against her lower lip.

She found a small bookcase filled with books which excited her very much, but she would explore the different books later. She walked over to start cleaning. She will try her best to make good of the poor living conditions, it's not like she could escape...yet.