Part 2: Resurfaced Memories

~10 years later~

And then came stranger things still, moving shop dummies, Christmas spaceships, and Daleks and Cybermen.

That was the next time you saw his face. You were captured and trapped on the arachnid ship and spotted him drenched in rain just staring off at the destruction he had caused. His face was hard as stone, and his eyes unwavering until a red-haired woman told him he could stop.

He found you in the underground level covered in chains that were pinning you up against a pipe near the sewer system. He knew you were just spider bait, but he never told you.

"What's your name?" He asked, though he already knew.

"Ava, and who are you?" Your voice sounded shaky as you were released from the chains. Falling forward, the stranger caught you in his arms and helped you up. You leaned against him as he led the way out of the darkness.

And when you regained your strength, he grabbed your hand and you ran alongside him, confused about his identity, but you felt like you knew him somehow. He would never tell you that he watched you secretly growing up from the shadows and he would never tell you what happened that night you met him, but he was always there.

~4 months later~

When he finally told you his name, he must have had a reason, your time was ending. Maybe, he knew the exact date, it could be a year from now or several months, but he wouldn't tell you. His eyes turned sad when he last saw you, it was at a New Year's Party up in London.

"You never say a word, you come and save me, and then you just leave. You haven't even told me your name." You sit across from him at a diner as the countdown for the new year begins.

"Doctor." He shrugs slightly as you glare at him.

"Don't try and joke around with me like that. What kind of name is Doctor? Tell me the truth." You purse your lips waiting for a laugh from him, but he just stares at you seriously.

"That's it. Doctor."

"Are you serious? And next thing you're going to tell me is that you're some sort of an alien!" You laugh in a joking manner. The Doctor's silence only affirms your statement.

"No way! Really? Are you serious? Wow.. all that stuff I said before, I take it back. Great name, it's very mysterious, it's not Spock, but it's unique for sure."

"Spock? Haven't heard of him, is he some influential leader in your history?" The Doctor's brow furrows slightly.

"No way, that's adorable. You don't know who Spock is. Star Trek? Beam me up, Scotty? Ringing any bells? Wow.."

The Doctor's dumbfounded expression only manages to make you laugh, but his expression turns darker, he seems to be in his own world.

When you asked him what was wrong, he would just smile at you, and put it off like all things. He told you he had one place he wanted to take you before he left.

"Where are you going, Doctor?" You asked him, frowning slightly at the thought of him leaving again. He wasn't around that often, and it only made him leaving harder.

"Away for a while, places to see, galaxies to save, all in a single day," he smiled before sighing softly in his own daze.

The Doctor led you to his blue box watching your reaction the entire time. You gaped in amazement and stood still before running around the entire length of the police box.

"It's bigger on the inside!" You exclaimed to your astonishment, you had never seen anything so cosmic, so extraordinary.

"I know, and it's all mine. Isn't she a beaut'? She's called the Tardis."

You spun around at least five times trying to commit the memory of the Tardis to your mind. The big arching pillars and the white lights, the hundreds of buttons and levers and switches, and the heart of the Tardis, which almost seemed to be breathing with each pulse of light.

So, you were going to go on an adventure with the Doctor, but before you left, he told you the truth about that night fifteen years ago. Your mother was killed by a Dalek who was a scavenger, the Dalek was searching for the Doctor, but she had only gotten in the way. The Doctor told you that this Dalek vanished that night, and that no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't find the Dalek.

It was hard to face the truth after all these years. You felt a numbing sensation in the core of your stomach and then it subsided until a fiery anger filled your body.

He lied to me all this time.

"How could you? What am I some windup doll? Do I even matter to you? You can't just toy around with people's memories." Your eyes filled up with tears as you fought to keep your cool and remember not to show your pain.

Was everything a lie? All my life?

"Please, don't go," he begged, the Doctor reached out, but you backed away.

So, you left, well actually you ran. Out of the Tardis and out of his magical life. It hurt you, it really did, but lies were worse than anything.

And for the longest time, you remained empty, the months passed by and you chose to avoid it or rather live it out halfheartedly. All those years long forgotten had finally caught up with you.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

A/N: I am planning on either making the next part longer or breaking it off into four parts in total for the last adventure, not sure yet. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this! If you did, go ahead and click the little vote button below and leave a comment. Tell me what you think! Oh and before I forget, thanks Penderruth for checking out my story! I'm so happy that you like it! Man, that was a longer rant than I thought it would be, thanks for your time! See you next time! :)