Part 4

"I'll give you all the time you need to say your goodbyes", Ratchet said as he placed a servo on Chase's shoulder.

Chase looked up at the medic, "thank you Ratchet"

Ratchet squeezed his shoulder slightly and then left the room

Chase was now alone with his mate and their kids.

Blurr and Quickshadow were not ready to let their mother go. They cried as they spoke to her for the last time.

"We'll make you proud mom", Blurr said through tears.

"You can count on that", Quickshadow finished.

They broke down in tears as they held their mother's hands. They didn't want to let her go.

Chase hated this. He hated being sad. He hated seeing his kids mourn for the woman that he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with.

But now she will leave them

Leave them to be free

Of the pain

The suffering

And to be a memory

A happy memory

A memory that no one will ever forget.

It was Chase's turn to say goodbye now. He hesitated as his optics filled with tears.

"Oh dad...", Quickshadow said as she hugged him. She then cupped his face and wiped away his tears with her thumbs, "it's okay", she said softly.

Chase smiled as he kissed his daughter's forehelm, "thank you sweetheart..."

He then walked toward his mate as his son stepped away to give him some space.

"This is it", he told her softly with tears leaving his optics again, "our final moments together...". He looked back at his kids as he spoke, "as a family"

Blurr and Quickshadow approached as he spoke to his mate again, "Natalie... you mean so much to me... you gave me so much of something I didn't know I needed..."

"You gave me love", he continued, "and gave me a family", he then hugged his kids and kissed the sides of their helms.

He then let them go as he approached his mate and cupped her face as tears fell from his optics, "thank you... for everything"

Chase leaned in and kissed his mate's forehead gently.

"I promise", he said, "to be there for our kids no matter what"

He then looked at the medical bay entrance to see the autobot medic waiting there. "Are you ready now?", Ratchet said sadly.

Chase wiped away his tears, "Yes. I am ready now"

Ratchet then went for the power cable that kept Natalie on Life Support.

"Ready?", he said.

Chase then nodded as he leaned in and spoke his final words to his mate, "I love you"

Ratchet pulled the cord.

Beep... Beep... Beep

Beep.....

Beep.....

Beeeeeeep-

The sound of the flatline was dull in Chase's processor as he kissed his mate's cold lips.