Chapter 1 : A Terrifying Shadow

Cathleen was a 19 years old girl. She was energetic and full of life and happiness. Her family was loving and brought her all the happiness she seeked. 

They lived a little white house, in the middle of the forest, not far from London. It was surounded by neat flowerbeds of all colors. The cabin had two stories. Cathleen had two big brothers (Sam and Paul), two parents (Jane and Tyson) and a cat called Rusty. 

Cathleen had rich brown skin and dark brown hair. Her eyes were icy blue and stood out a lot. She had a steak of the same cold blue in her hair. She also liked to wear simple clothes, usually a white shirt and light brown pants. She also wore silver chains as accessories. 

She liked sport and played the flute magnificently well. She liked archery too. Her mother and older brother learned her how to use a bow. She quickly found she was quite talented at it. Her second brother, Paul, was a musician. 

One day, Cathleen was just sitting on her bed, reading a particularly fascinating book about luminescent cave mushroom and where to find them when she heard a noise at the window. She walked toward it slowly when she heard a painfully awful scream. It was so terrifying that she froze on spot. The shriek was like a monster devouring her soul. 

With all the courage she could muster, Cathleen walked towards the window and saw the most abominable creature in the world. This wasn't an exaggeration, in fact it was more of an euphemism. It was probably the freakiest monster in the universe...

She didn't see it clearly though, not that she wanted to

She didn't see it clearly though, not that she wanted to. It had a humanoid silhouette but moved like a monkey. Or a crab. It's eyes were glowing in the darkness of the forest. The night had fallen an hour ago. The thing had long slimy hair and was extremely thin. Itss backbone was very neatly visible. It screamed again and she saw its mouth. It had no lips and a huge smile full of huge teeth. 

Cathleen hid herself and and quickly packed a bag. She would tell her family about the monster and they'd take the car and flee from here. They'll have to come back later. She filled her bag with one changing of clothes, her sentimental belongings three books and a few stuff she deemed useful. She finished packing in a few seconds, the adrenaline quickening all her actions. 

She started running into the living room, but her mother heard a slight knock on the door and opened before she could warn her. They thing burst in the living room and bit her mother to the neck, it opened her stomach fiercely and started ripping out the organs. Cathleen screamed the hardest she could and yelled her family to run, to flee. 

She rushed to the back door and started running into the forest. She ran and ran and ran, until her entire body started bleeding from the thorns and branches of the forest. The creature was behind her, making awful noises. It was growling and screeching and howling that awful scream. 

Cathleen ran towards where she knew was a train railroad. She ran past it and suddenly the shadow had hold of her. But when she looked up, expecting to face the nightmare vision, there was no monster at all. Quite the opposite in fact, it was actually the handsomest man she'd ever seen. Next to him, the two other most beautiful men her eye had caught. They looked nothing alike though. 

The one who was now holding her in his arms had thick black hair. It was ruffled by the wind. His eyes were the darkest she'd ever seen. Almost night black. 

The second one was grinning happily. He had a calculated careless haircut. His hair was sandy blond. He had a few silver piercings on his ears. His eyes were angelic, a soft gray shade.

The last one looked much more secret and mysterious and had the most glorious frosty-blue  eyes she'd ever seen. His skin was tanned; he had brown hair and a thin beard. He wore a black hood over his head. 

Cathleen was feeling way too many emotions for her wellbeing. She tried to warn them of the monster that she saw arriving but close to no sound escaped her mouth. The monster was going to kill them all. It was about to jump one of the guys, but the blond one just grinned even wider, almost a canine smile and stabbed the monster in the face with what looked like... a chainsaw !?

Suddenly, Cathleen's mind decided he couldn't take this anymore. She fainted.