Chapter 13: Leaving this town

Gabby's POV

Watching TV at the living room alone was not that good.  Emmanuelle was in her room having an afternoon siesta.  It was 1 pm. I have nothing to do.  Actually babysitting.

Caroline texted me, also Bonnie to hangout. But not now.  Mom & Dad are still not home for 2 days.  So,  better stay home.  And I've never seen Stefan for 3 days also. The last time we met he says that he's preparing for something. And he rarely text me.  Oh,  I miss him,  a lot. It's Friday today and I hope we can meet at the grill again. 

I scan the TV and I stop on a music channel where Katy Perry song was playing.  I remember that Emmanuelle didn't know that it's one of Katy Perry's song.  She only knew three that she keep on singing everytime she hear it playing in my room. It was I kissed a girl,  roar and fireworks.  though,  those are a pretty catchy songs.

A stomp on the staircase interrupt me.  I saw Emmanuelle was rubbing and yawning. walking down the stair and sits beside me.  She looked at me puzzled like ' Who was that' look.  I smiled.

"That's Katy Perry babes. " I chuckled.

"I thought you were sleep-" I question but she cuts me off changing the topic. 

"Ah...  okay.  She's beautiful on that  video. But I've already saw the roar video and you're right.  She's awesome. " She said.

she sits beside me watching the video. 

oh.  she's starting to like her.

The bell rang as we both turn our head to that direction. 

I stand up and open it.  My surprise.  It was mom and dad.  Oh,  they got home early.  'Yes!  I'm going out tonight. ' I thought.

I hugged mom and dad.  They walk into the hallway and headed to the living room where Emmanuelle was watching TV.  I hear their talking and chuckles as they greet each other. 

I was about to text my friends but Mom call me.  I walk faster as I reach the living room.  I popped my head to the door. 

"Come here darling.  Dad has something to tell you both. " Mom said. 

I sit beside Emmanuelle. poking her side softly.  we both giggled.

"What is it mom? Is it important that you call for an emergency meeting?" I said as I look to mom emphasizing the last two words. 

"Yup. And it's... all...  about... " she pause on that every words. 

"ah...  I guest I knew it. " Emmanuelle said scratching her chin.  I looked down at her furrowing my eyebrows.

"Ah..  you're eavesdropping at mom and dads convo? You're bad huh" I said.

Dad and mom laugh.  And they look at each other in a smiling face and a sudden gotten serious. 

"Okay.  I don't know how  to say it but, I'm hoping you two would understand.  and this is for us. " Dad said and signals mom to say something about it. 

"We were leaving this town. " Mom said quickly but I understand every word in it. 

My head burst in the word 'leaving'.  oh no.

"What?  where?  when? " I said.

I saw Emmanuelle's face puzzled.  I know she don't care about it.  but not me.  I grow up in this town and Im leaving now?.

" Yes darling.  me and your Dad got promoted and the work will base at LA. " Mom explained.

"Yeah. Before you get angry or something.   I decided that we can stay at your Aunt Jenna at Santa Barbara before we can set up our new home at LA.  " Dad added. 

"Oh... no. " Emmanuelle smacked her forehead.

"My guest is wrong. I thought we will have a vacation at Aunt Jenna but ended that we will live there. " She said a little excited and looked at me worriedly.  she know that it's hard for me.  And it is. 

"Mom , Dad.  is it final? " I said coldly. 

"Yes darling. " Mom said holding my hand.

"When we were leaving? " I questioned looking down at My hands.

"Monday." Dad said sadly.

"Can I stay here for another two days?" I shrugged.  I don't have anything to do with it.  I understand them. They have to do it. And I know they're doing this for us. But I want more time to get things in place before I leave here. Specially Stefan.

Mom and Dad looked at each other and nod.

"It's okay darling.  Yes you can. " dad said as he rub my shoulder. 

"Me and Emmanuelle will go first on Monday.  And I'll come back here so that we were together. " Dad said. 

"Oooookay.! no problem.  But please be quick. " Emmanuelle said. 

We both hugged each other.  As I asked mom for going at Bonnie's place.  Emmanuelle asked also if she can go with me but I refused.  Mom agreed to me and I left the house around 4.

What a day.  I hope that everything will be okay.  And specially Stefan will understand.