✵ two

two.
penelope park

The moon was high up in the sky when Rowan finally decided to leave her room behind

The moon was high up in the sky when Rowan finally decided to leave her room behind. She made her way through the hallways as she looked around to see if one of the teachers were close. She wasn't really in the mood to deal with them, she just needed quiet.

Sighing, she began walked at a faster pace. As silent as possible, she opened the front door towards the front yard. She let out a breath of relief when she felt the evening breeze against her skin. A smile appeared on her face as she sprinted towards the trees.

When she reached the woods, she came to a stop. She could hear the music coming from her right, so she went left towards a more quiet place. Luckily, the party had even been where it always was or she would've needed to find another open and quiet place.

"Rowan?" Her eyes widened in surprise as she realised who had stopped her. Turning around, she was met with the sight of Josie approaching her with a cup. She could tell the girl had been drinking as Josie stumbled a bit towards her.

"Yeah?" she asked, grabbing the plastic cup from the girl to look inside it, but it was all empty. "Did you drink all of this?"

"Oh, no, I almost fell and most of it fell out." Rowan turned her head away from the cup as she placed it on the ground before turning back towards Josie, who was watching her. "Why did we stop being friends, Rowan?"

"Maybe because you began dating the devil?" she reminded the girl bitterly, but she got a different reaction from Josie than she had expected. The reaction scared her, Josie had been the one making her believe that maybe Penelope Park wasn't that awful.

"Yeah, I don't know what I had been thinking," Josie told her, a scowl on her face. "I'm so stupid."

Rowan was sure she knew what was about to happen as she noticed the girl's bottom lip tremble. Before she could react, tears began to form in Josie's eyes.

"I'm sorry," Josie told her, "I'm drunk and emotional. I have to go."

"Jo, wait," Rowan said, trying to grab the girl's arm, but Josie was just out of her reach like always. Sighing, she watched the girl leave. She felt so hopeless as she was left standing between the trees all by herself.

Deciding not to spend more of her time today on the girl, she went towards where she had been heading earlier. But when she reached it, she didn't enjoy it as much as she wanted to. Her mind kept on wandering off towards the brunette. Why couldn't she just forget the girl and move on?

<>

"So, you're coming to cheer me on at the game?" MG asked her as he sat down next to her in the library. "It would really help."

"It would?" she asked, raising her eyebrows as she didn't believe one word of it.

"No, it probably wouldn't," he admitted, letting out a deep sigh. She let out a laugh as she looked at his sad face. Their football team was the worst without powers and sadly they always had an annual game with the local football team from Mystic Falls High School.

"I might come, MG," she told him as she couldn't help but feel for the boy. "But don't expect anything."

"Thank you so much, Rowan," he told her, standing up before giving her a quick hug, which felt rather awkward. He patted her on the shoulder in a way of saying thanks again and made his way out of the library. "I'll see you then!"

"I just told you not to expect anything," she said, but he was too far away from her to hear it. Letting out a sigh, she turned back towards the grimoire in front of her. She had translated quite a lot already she noticed when she read through the translated piece.

The Tacitus Spell was the name of the second spell she had translated. Rowan had never heard of it before despite saying it was a silencing spell. She supposed it could be the other name for the usual one, but it still felt wrong.

Sighing once again, she read on, but she found nothing special before she reached the part she hadn't translated just yet. The fact that she thought the spell was weird, was only the more reason why she wanted to translate faster.

"Ro, long time no see," she heard someone say from behind her and she felt a wave of annoyance wash over her when she realised who it was. Penelope just couldn't leave her alone.

"What is it, Park?" she asked, rolling her eyes at Penelope as the girl sat down.

"What, no Penny?" Penelope asked, a smile on her face, but for some reason it didn't seem real. Rowan was sure the girl loved to torture everyone with her presence, but this time seemed different.

"Can't you let me be?" Rowan turned back to her translation, hiding behind the locks of her hair. It didn't help though as she only became nervous once she couldn't see Penelope.

"Look," Penelope began, "I get it I stole the girl you loved, but I never meant for that to destroy our friendship — I didn't even know you loved her."

"That doesn't make it right," Rowan told her while shaking her head at her once best friend. They had been quite something as friends, the best witch and the worst. They had seemed unbreakable until that one girl, the beautiful Josie Saltzman, had come between them with no intentions to do that. Oh, how much the Saltzmans could destroy without even knowing.

author's note.

I'm so sorry for not updating a lot, but I've decided to focus on an original work more than this. that does not mean this book won't be updated, but it'll just have slower updates.

my original work is called phobia and this is the summary if you are interested:

"You don't want to be out here, the woods are a dangerous place for the lot of you."

The land of Hypnos had always been surrounded by danger. There was no way you could leave, the ones that tried had died. The woods were dangerous, but the valley was worse. Out in the open, you had no place to hide, so the woods held the best chance.

Every two months, the king and the council would sent a group of their scouts in there. Only to end up end, but they still had hope.

Eliana had been dreaming of being a scout ever since her mother had gone into the woods. While a part of her hoped she didn't have to go in, the other did want it. So when the king announced that her group would be going in, she finally gets what she wished for.

But she should've known that the woods were a dangerous place and that they would be walking right up to Dead. They would be begging Dead to take them for no one could ever be able to live with what they would have to do in the woods.

also I published another legacies fanfic called Burned — it's a hope mikaelson fanfic — and someone probably needs to stop me from making more, but I would love it if you guys checked it out!