Chapter 2

"You did what?" Draco asked in disbelief as soon as they had Apparated back to Harry's flat.

Harry sank into his couch and hid his face in his hands.

"You told them we were a couple?" Draco asked again.

Harry nodded sheepishly, still refusing to remove his hands.

"Bloody hell, Potter, but that's brilliant! You're a fucking genius."

Harry removed his hands incredibly fast and looked at Draco who was sporting an air of utter fondness.

"Wh-What?"

"Are you sure you were sorted right, Potter? This is so Slytherin of you." Draco had a hard time hiding his enthusiasm.

"Well actually, I was nearly sorted in Slytherin," Harry shrugged.

Draco came closer and sat on Harry's coffee table, his leg instantly reaching for Harry's. "You're joking, right?"

"No, it's true. The Sorting Hat said I could achieve great things in Slytherin."

"No it did not."

"It did."

Draco folded his arms. "How come you ended up in Gryffindor, then?"

"Because I begged the Hat not to put me in Slytherin," Harry hesitated. "Because of you."

Draco's face was unreadable for a couple of seconds before a huge smile formed on his face again. "Ha! You were afraid I would put you in the shade, that's it! Afraid you couldn't stand the comparison!"

"Er, sorry to-"

"Enough of that anyway." Draco put a hand on Harry's shoulder. "Potter, I am proud of you. That was surprisingly clever of you," he said in the most patronising tone.

"Er, thanks."

"Now, Langdon said there would be an interview of the two of us in our house on Monday, is that so?"

"Yes, but-"

"Meaning in the meantime, we have to get to know each other very well," Draco continued, ignoring Harry completely.

"Draco, I'm not sure-"

"We are going to do this. And we are going to be incredible." Draco was beyond excitement now. His face had lit up and he was talking animatedly. "We are going to blow their mind with our amazing chemistry." He stood up at once and started pacing the room, muttering to himself.

Shit. What was Harry supposed to do? He knew, deep inside, that no matter what Draco did, no matter what he said, he never ever had a single chance to be accepted into the Club. Harry knew it. He had only challenged Langdon because the guy had been an obnoxious prick. But now? He started to think it had been a huge mistake.

"We need to practise, of course." Draco paused in the middle of the room, his finger pointed at Harry. "I need to know absolutely everything about your life. Every single pathetic detail. From the colour of your toothbrush to the content of your cupboards."

"Draco..."

"No, no, no, no, no, Potter. You are not letting me down. You are not chickening out. We are going to do this. And we are going to be awesome at this. We are going to be the greatest couple of the Wizarding World."

Harry swallowed hard at that last statement and focused his attention elsewhere.

"What about your father? What if he hears about it? Wouldn't it alter his plans for your wedding?"