Then I Met Her

"Hey! Why don't you pick on someone your own size!" A black haired girl exclaimed.

I looked at her and my eyes widen. What the hell is she doing here? She never comes this way never. Not like she can help. "Go away! Run!" I yell at her. I'm already getting my ass beat. There's no way she can fight them. She doesn't even look at me.

"Who the hell are you? Get out of here bitch. This is between me and him." My attacker Jay snarled.

The girl huffed and took out her baseball bat. "This is why your mother is disappointed in you." The words she said then charged at him. Without missing a beat, she swung at his head.

Jay hit the floor and groaned.

I got up slowly. This is embarrassing. A girl beat up a guy for me without hesitation. "Thanks," I looked at up at her. Holy shit. 'It's Valery Flores," I think to myself.

Valery looked at me with a questioning glance. "Angelo Rogers?" She paused and looked at her watch. "Oh shit. I'm late to baseball practice," she cried out. "Angelo, meet me after practice! Don't be late."

I'm Angelo Rogers. This is embarrassing, because I'm the son of a mafia gangster. This is embarrassing, because I'm going to be the one to take over. This is embarrassing, because a girl won my fight. This is more embarrassing, because I have to explain to Valery Flores that I can't fight and I have other people do it for me.

I don't know how I'm going to explain this to her. Valery isn't afraid to fight for others, but I'm supposed to be a gangster. I'm supposed to be macho and tough. She wasn't supposed to fight for me. If anything I'm supposed to be fighting for her.

I go to the bathroom and clean my face. I try to clear my thoughts up. I can't just lie to her. Technically I can, but she has like senses when someone is lying to her. Everyone knows who Valery Flores is. If someone doesn't, she'll make sure to introduce herself. She's nice like that. She's outgoing and beautiful. I've never expected her to knock a guy out. I mean, she isn't afraid to throw a punch if she needs to but knocking out a guy with her baseball bat?

I'll just wait till practice is over.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to go see her. I wasn't sure when practice is done, but I don't want her to be mad either. The baseball field is like any other, but it's empty?

"Practice has been over for 10 minutes. I was gonna wait for 5 more minutes then leave." I hear a voice behind me. I look at her beautiful tanned skin and her smooth honey eyes. "Are you going to say something?" She asked with a tone.

"Oh right. Thank you?" I'm sure I already thanked her, but I guess she wants to hear it again. I was wrong because she then hits me.

"Not that you idiot! You've already said thanks. I'm talking about why you got your ass handed to you. You're supposedly tall, strong, and handsome. Tall yes. Handsome kinda. Strong? Not really!" Valery rolled her eyes. "You're supposed to have like guys at your side yet one guy easily took you down." She pointed out the obvious.

I looked down at her and blinked. "Haha yeah. He caught me off guard." It wasn't a complete lie. We were supposed to meet up, he wanted to tell me something. So I told my guys to leave it to me. I didn't expect him to jump me.

"So he caught you off guard and you couldn't get back up? Pft. You're false advertisement." Valery giggled. "I'm sorry. You know how my friends gush over you but I had to be the one to save you." Valery stopped laughing.

I awkwardly looked away and nodded. "Yeah. I guess. I don't know why girls dote on me. I'm weak. I don't really fight."

"I could tell. You should really get lessons." Valery looked down. She looked back up at me and smiled.

I knew she was going to change my life and that scared me.