45| Attached

Happy New Year Everyone! Let's take a moment of silence for Chandra 🌹

L E X U S

9 months earlier

"Wassup Mr. Morris." I nod my head walking in the kitchen. "How you doing son." He smiles getting a bottle of water from the refrigerator. "I'm happy, I can't complain." I smile a little wider than usual, I guess you could say a nigga is in love love. I been a married man for about four weeks and life just ain't the same, I guess I'm still high from the wedding. I can't believe I'm actually married to Rayne, that shit is crazy when I sit and think about what we did. " I can tell. I never seen you smiling so much." He jokes. "Whatever you're doing keep that positive mindset up. Happiness looks good on you son." Rayne walks in the kitchen holding her dog. Her face lights up immediately, I ain't tell her I was coming over.

"Hey." She grins. Mr. Morris looks between the two of us. "Okay. What's going on?" He laughs. "First Lexus now you? What's gotten into you?" She shrugs her shoulders looking at me as if I'm the only person here. I guess it's safe to say she's still high off getting married too. "Nothing. Daddy can I talk to Lexus for a second?"

"Sure." He looks at us one more time before shaking his head. I follow Rayne upstairs to her bedroom. The minute she closes the door she attacks me with kisses like she didn't just see me yesterday. "I thought I wouldn't see you today, I miss you."

"I missed you too." I bite my lip. She blushes moving away from me. "Stop looking at me like that." I notice she got clothes and shit laid out all on her bed for her trip to go to Atlanta. "Or what? What you gon' do ta me Mrs. Alsina." She laughs hitting me with a shirt in her hands. "Shhh! My dad might hear."

"Is it still a bad thing? Ion want us to be a secret no more." I peck her lips. I'm done hiding and acting like I'm not head over hills for her. A nigga just be wanting to be up under his wife. "It's not the right time Lexus. I know how he'll react and I'm just not ready." She sighs. "Please understand."

"I do and I'm not tryna rush you or force you ta tell him but it's been four weeks. It's never gonna be ah right time boo." I can tell all this talk about telling her dad was stressing her but it's something that we needa talk about. I don't wanna keep lying to everyone just because we're scared of temporary reactions. "I'll tell him when I get back from my trip then."

"You promise?" I smirk holding my pinky out. She looks at it contemplating her decision before she wraps her pinky around mine. "I promise."

•••

Present Day

"You two should have a conversation at least. We all were on edge that day." Rayne leans over at the counter talking to one of her girlfriends as usual. I walk up behind her slapping her on the butt. "Stoppp I'm on the phone." She tries to swat me away but I stand directly behind her looking at what's on her computer screen. "Whatchu' looking at?"

"Just browsing. Jordan I'm gonna have to call you back. Lexus is up from his nap." She hangs up and turns to face me. I peck her lips. "I'm hungry baybeh." She quickly closes her laptop giving me another kiss. "Wanna go out to get something to eat? Ms. Maylene took Lenoxx to the store with her." I shrug rubbing on her booty. "You not gon' cook fa daddy?" I smirk looking down at her. She swats my hand away rolling her eyes. I know she hates when I call myself that. "Fix your face." I laugh. "Anyways What you was lookin' at?"

"Nothing. Just browsing." She says vaguely. I re-open her laptop then enter her password. "Lexus it's personal." She bites on her bottom lip watching me scroll through the website. "Birth control?" I ask leaning back on the counter. "Yeah..." She looks down at the floor. "I have an appointment with my ob-gyn later this week so we can discuss my options."