About Me

I am Rain, a human with an average appearance. I have brown hair, and light blue eyes. I have been abused by my father my entire life, which made my mom divorce him when I was young, although the corrupt system insisted she share custody of me with my father. Because of that I lack confidence in myself and have a hatred for my father. I love my mom and the two little ones she gave birth to recently, although I worry for the three of them as the four of us just got out of a domestic violence situation that resulted in the death of my half-siblings dad. As such, my mom will accidentally snap at me, which hurts, even though I don't mind.

I have three friends, which I have given nicknames. Akemi is a 5'1" girl with long, wavy brown hair and blue grey eyes. Raikou has short, black hair, bright gold eyes. She is slightly shorter than Akemi, but the two of them can wipe the floor with whoever dares to mess with them or their friends. Koray is a tall, African American boy who, despite the fearful looks he gets as six foot tall fifteen year old, is just a big, cuddly sweetheart. The three of them I trust with my life, and I see them as my pack. I trust them more than I trust anyone else, even my family.

The four of us share a secret, one that could never be told to anyone else as it could cost them their life. There are creatures that normal humans can't see, that have been there since long before mankind, called Beasts. These Beasts have attacked and nearly killed me and my friends many times in the past. Why? Well, it's simple and yet it's not. The four of us have memories from a previous life, a life where none of us were human. The four of us are the reincarnations of four of the most powerful Beasts to have existed. Akemi was a Winged Kitsune, Raikou was called a Storm Demon, Koray was a Moon Wolf, and I was a Winged Lion Nekomata. The four of us died protecting our clans from humans who saw our kind as a threat. The four of us were reborn with memories and partial abilities from our previous lives. The Beasts fear our kind, thinking we'll side with the humans and attack them. Any human who knew what we were would kill us the moment they knew, or worse, turn us into living weapons.

After years of abuse, stress, overwork, and depression, I have become rather suicidal. I feel that it could be the only way to end the pain I feel daily, even though I know that would cause more problems. If I killed myself, I wouldn't be able to protect my family, and my pack would be in more danger. Those thoughts were the only thing preventing me from ending my life as I constantly thought of myself as pathetic, weak, worthless, a coward, someone who'd be better off dead. My family and my pack were everything to me. They were all I had left.

I guess it's time you lost all that, huh, y/n? I can't wait to see the face you make as you fall into true despair... = )

Soo that was my first chapter, sorry it was short, and I hope you enjoyed. I'll try to update this as frequently as possible, just keep in mind most updates will be on the weekend as I am an overworked high school student. 😭