Nooonaaaa

CHAPTER 1
ᴺᵒᵒᵒᵒⁿⁿᵃᵃᵃᵃ

Anger. All I could see was red. My hands curled into fists, my breath hitching, eyes narrowing.

"Get off of him." My voice was cold and harsh, like the chilly wind of winter. I fisted the males collar and ripped him away from the vulnerable victim on the floor.

They had been beating him like he wasn't even human, someone who felt palpably, someone who had emotions. Someone who felt pain, agony, devotion, longing and affliction.

The boys that were priory assaulting the victim on the floor, gawked at their senior, seething in front of them. They froze, eyes wide, lips quivering.

"Shit—Mei?" One of the taller males, sporting around a height of 6'4 stumbled on his feet, turning towards his friend.

The one beside him, clad of dirty school uniform and bleach dyed blonde hair, flinched. The look in my eyes made it clear how enraged and disgusted I was.

"You're a senior–"

"What if I am?" I barked. "You're at the back of the school, beating the shit out of someone," I cracked my fingers, stomped my boots against the dirt. The boys flinched. "So you tell me something," I snarled. "Why are two low lives, like yourselves, doing here? Do you have nothing better to do?"

The six foot giant gulped. "It's a hybrid." He seemed to only grow sympathy in his eyes after seeing the look I gave.

"A hybrid?" There was no understanding in my voice, no curiosity. I wasn't surprised, but only felt the admiration deep in my chest, hearing the word 'hybrid.' Not for the pain they caused it, but the love for things mysterious.

"Yes!" The bleach dyed boy gasped, nodding his head in confirmation. "You know they're not allowed around without an owner. We have every right hurting him."

"You know what?" I asked, the giant one flinched after I spoke again. "I'm gonna beat you like you beat him."

The blonde gulped. "We can get you arrested." He sized me up, hands tousling his bleach blond hair.

"And I can break your fucking nose, jackass." I narrowed my eyes, and they immediately turned to sprint away when I began to jump a few steps closer. I watched the giant, lanky kid trip over a hole in the grass of the courtyard. The other double the speed and already out of my sight.

I breathed in all the anger and violence, and spewed it all out. Not literally, I didn't vomit anywhere. But the more I breathed the more calm I felt.

I turned to look at the battered boy below me. The whole time I couldn't get him out of my head. What type of breed was he? Why was he alone?

Could he communicate well?

I watched as blood trickled down his nose, and a blackened bruise that had already began to form around his eyes. The boy didn't have school uniform, he wore a baggy, thinned black sweater and ripped jeans that looked rather unwashed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, kneeling down despite the shakiness of his body, and how he tried to edge himself away.

He nodded, but kept his lips sealed.