Chapter 5

I walk towards him.

"Hello" I greet him shyly.

"I'm Mbal'enhle" I introduce myself. "Hello, I'm Njabulo Madondo” he smiles. I always loved this surname so I know all their clan names.

"Mnquhe" I say bowing as if bowing to a king with a smile on my face. Oh that earned me a huge and genuine smile but I smell sympathy there. Mnquhe is his clan name.

"Zwide ka Langa" he also bows using my clan name. It's normal for people to know other people's clan name. You tell them your surname they call you by your clan names. I love that, in fact we all do.

You're so handsome

"Oh Wow thanks. You're beautiful too" he replies suppressing a smile.

Oh God I'm so dumb. Did I really say that out loud?

"No you're not dumb and yes you did say that out loud" he replies laughing this time.

Oh God I mumble. I'm a loner so I'm so used to talking alone. Sometimes I don't even notice that I'm thinking out loud. I even forgot that Mel and Bobo are still here. They are looking at us and from the looks from their faces they are trying not to laugh. This is humiliating. But wait did Njabulo say I'm beautiful. So the most handsome guy I've ever seen is saying that I'm beautiful. I don't realise that I'm standing there grinning like an idiot until I am brought back to the presence by Bobo.

"She's probably planning your wedding and your future" he tells Njabulo and then he turns to me.

"I hope your dreams come true" he says with a big smile on his face I turn to Melusi and Njabulo they are also smiling.

I decide to start cleaning because I'm too humiliated I can't even say anything. But I couldn't stop staring at him. I love his body, looks and height. I have a thing for tall guys. My first crush was our neighbor. He was tall and very handsome. So Njabulo is 6'9, dark in complexion, brush and a beard. Guys with beards Dear Lord. They all join to help me even Njabulo when we are almost done Mel and Bobo tell me that they need to somewhere. Hehehe they are lying. What am I supposed to say to Njabulo when we are alone? I'm not used to talking to people especially strangers. But with Bobo I just flowed. I hug them and wave goodbye with the promise that I will call them later. I have a feeling that Njabulo asked them to leave. Why would he ask them to leave? Before I can even think of possible reasons Njabulo is standing in front me smiling but he looks nervous maybe I'm seeing things. I mean I'm not beautiful or anything.

"Can I take you out after we're done?" He asks looking nervous. I smile and nod I don't trust myself enough to speak. I've never been asked out. Strange things are happening to me this week first it was Bobo, the SMS from mom and now this? Is God tryna repay me for all the bad things he put me through all my life or did someone pay these people to be nice to me? What's going on?