Kissed By Death

All Rights Reserved.

Kissed By Death

Prologue

In the uneven balance of life, everyone wants what they can't have. The poor want money, the starving want food, and the sickly wanted to be cured. We all experience pain and regret, life and death, but most of all, love and hate.

During my life I've experienced so much. More happiness than I ever thought possible, too much heartbreak to be humanly possible, and love so tender, that it healed all my wounds. I proved to be stronger than it all, and it gave me the confidence to stand taller than the inches my body provided.

I was always afraid to venture in the world,especially when I was alone. But love can make you do some crazy things sometimes, even if it's not the best thing for you. So I dived straight into the world, only to regret it later.

In the world there is silence, and in the world there is chaos. In that silence, peace blossoms throughout all. A peace where we all release. Release our anger, hate, pain, and remorse. A way to get away from all the chaos, to heal our broken and battered souls. I didn't ask for this peace, for this calmness is too unsettling, too unknown, and too destructive. In this silence, you slip away without another thought, slowly dwindling away until you're forgotten.

There was an ease to slipping away; something my body yearned for. I tried to hold on to the loving memories of my sacrafice - the warmth his body permitted, and the way my soul screamed out for his. In this life, there is always a choice, a choice to fight or flight. To let the darkness push my eyelids shut, or to push against the deepest depths of my heart, and wish for it to slowly start beating once again. My life is a choice, and in the balance of life and death, it was Death that made my heart struggle to go on.

I wasn't about to give up on my life. And I'll be damned if I let someone else take it from me. So there's just one question left. Would you give up your soul for love?