Fabric

I pull out of the hug.

"Come on you can help me get my supplies for tomorrow" Together we walk towards the fabric store.

"BRING!" The bell jingles as we walk through the door and into the slightly crowded store.

"I'm going to go see if I she got any silk for Mother" Tom tells me veering off to find Mrs. Abrum, the stores owner. I walk towards some white colored material and begin to find what I need. Once I finish I find Tom.

"Any Luck?" he shakes his head.

"Common lets get in line" We head to the front of the store an wait in line to pay.

"I still can't understand this. We have all we need why do we need to vote?" I look and see Mrs. Parker she's one of the only women in town who don't like the movement.

"It's about being equal and not below men" Mrs. Abrum sighs "15 cents"

"15? No it should be 10"

"Mary it's 15 you can either pay or travel 4 hours to Ms. Miller's"

"Fine" She gives her the money and heads out the door "BRING"

"Finally" Mrs. Abrum sighs. I set the cloth up onto the counter "Afternoon Bridget"

"Afternoon" I smile

"10 cents"

"I thought it was 15?"

"Not for a suffragette" She smiles, I hand over my 10 cents and grab my fabric.

"Bye Mrs. Abrum"

"Bye hope to see you tomorrow"

"BRING" We exit the fabric store and start to walk.

"She marches too?"

"Yes there are a lot of people who march"

"Where are we going the house is that way" Tom points towards the other side of town.

"Do you really think father's just going to just let me walk in with all of this?"