Chapter 1

I walked down the dirt path.

The words from the master running through my mind.

"You will need to stay for as long as possible. The portal is no joke and no one knows what's on the other side. If you go through make sure you have a plan to come back." makarov said with a serious look on his face.

"I understand. I will destroy the portal if I see it as a threat." I said and turned and left his office.

"Good luck Samarai." Makarov said

"Thank you." I said and the door closed.

I sensed the portal was up ahead.

I tightened my grip on my katana and I ran towards the direction the portal was in.

I appeared and seen something that was wrong.

The trees in front of me were completely different to the trees behind me. That and I'm in a clearing.

I then held my left hand out and shot a fire ball at the portal and it went through setting a tree on fire.

I deemed it safe and went through and put the fire out. I then placed a magic seal on the ground so I know where the portal is on case I need to go back.

I looked through the trees as I walked through and seen sand.

I then decided to start running.

'There has to be a city nearby.' I thought as I jumped high in the air and summoned a gun.

I looked through the scope and seen a city about ten miles from where I am.

'Perfect.' I said as I started falling back to the ground.

I continued running when I heard an engine behind me. It was slowly catching up to me.

I heightened my senses and then sensed only two people. They both seem a bit off.

'I don't sense any magic. The only magic is in that city.' I thought as they got closer.

"Hey soul. Is that someone running up ahead?" I heard a distant girl said.

"I think so. Should we see if she needs a ride?" the boy asked.

"Yeah." the girl said and the engine went faster.

I then slid to a stop and turned to the pair that were coming up.

"Hi, I'm Maka and this is my weapon Soul. Do you need a ride to Death City?" the girl asked.

I looked at them and the bike. The bike was built for two.

"How far is the city from here?" I asked.

"About two more miles. So lady, need a lift?" Soul asked.

"No thank you. I'm almost there. Thank you for the offer." I said and turned to start running again.

"Here! Take this water at least! It's really hot out today." Maka said offering a water.

I grabbed the water and nodded before they started driving again.

I chugged the water and absorbed the bottle material and took off running.

I caught up to them in no time and they were shocked.

'If I do a power jump in twenty seconds I'll be at the entrance.' I thought as my eyes scanned ahead.

I then created a magic circle and it gave me the extra boost the make it to the entrance.