Super Riley

The only thing Riley Johnson wanted to be was a super hero, he wanted to be strong and most of all he wanted to be loved. His heart throbbed for a real adventure but all he could get was racing around abandoned parts of his town, getting cats out of trees and breaking up street fights. You know, the average 10 year old in mid war Bolivia.

All four of his older- more successful brothers who were barely supporting he and his mother fled when the fighting started, but his mother was determined to stay in their home. His father had died years ago because they were to poor to afford medicine to save him, Even with the little money some of the men from his 'neighborhood' gave him they still could not get enough money to save him.

Riley still admired all of the men that all once lived in his neighborhood, they were all drafted for the war because they live in the lowest part of poverty possible.

Riley and his baby sister Christina, (he calls her Chris) are the only children left in their neighborhood. The higher class kids Riley goes to school with twice a week tell him that the Officials- people from the government we're looking for recruits, and they're taking kids this time.