Min Yoongi had always been a bit of a night owl, ideas seemed to always come to him at the ass crack of dawn. He spent hours producing until 4am on good nights. His own decisions made mornings the most difficult parts of the day, so Yoongi always made sure to avoid them. But of course, that was way before those things began roaming the earth. Now, mornings were his favorite. Meanwhile night time only brought nightmares and terrifying groans from outside his apartment. Overall, he wished night time would never come.

But of course, night time was inevitable. Yoongi wrapped himself in his blankets, the kind of way that a child would when they'd hide from the monsters lurking in the dark, except that this time, the monsters were very much real. Nightfall had come sooner than expected, probably because of winter approaching slowly. Yoongi clenched his eyes shut as he tried to think of happy things. He tried to remember the happier days when none of this shit had even started. But all it did was make him dream of the day everything had gone to shit.

It was strange. For once, Yoongi didn't spend the entire night working on a project. He slept through the entire night and woke up the next morning, grumpy but albeit a bit happy when he smelled the familiar scent of coffee and pastries. Slowly getting out of bed and making his way to the kitchen, Yoongi was greeted with arms around his waist and a short peck on his lips. A blush bloomed on his cheeks, totally not expecting so much affection so early in the morning.

"Hyung! You c-can't just do that out of no where!" Yoongi sputtered, his eyes cast down in embarrassment. The man just chuckled, warm and velvety as he held Yoongi tighter.

"You know I can't help myself, love. You're so cute with your bed head," Seokjin said, pure adoration laced in his words. Yoongi only rolled his eyes as he sat in the kitchen island, opening the bag of wonderful smelling pastries as he chose a simple glazed donut and brought it to his lips. He moaned in content, muffling a "thank you hyung!" which sounded more like "hnk yew hng" making Seokjin coo at his boyfriend.

Suddenly the dream shifted. There was spilled coffee leaking from the island to the flood as what used to be Seokjin snarled. Yoongi was sobbing as his lover seemed to have lost control, his eyes murderous as he tried to take a bite of Yoongi's hand.

And the scene shifted again. Seokjin dead on the ground, blood pooling around his body. Yoongi screamed as the blood soaked his skin and clothes. Couldn't take the image of driving a knife into his lover's head, it was like a tape. Rewinding over and over in his mind like some sort of horrifying reminder of what he did.

Yoongi awoke in cold sweat. The sun shone through his window as his chest rose up and down. His heart had been beating so fast he was terrified that it'd beat out of his chest. He tried to calm himself down, hugging his body tightly as he whispered, "I had no choice." Loud sobs eventually erupted from his chest and Yoongi stayed that way for a while. Falling asleep with tear stained cheeks and a guilt so heavy, it had made it so difficult to even breathe.

He woke up a few hours later, his stomach growling and howling food. Yoongi whimpered as he lifted his weak body from his bed, getting whiplash and opted to lay back down. He was sure his system was starting to shut down from the lack of food and water it had been put through the last few days, but Yoongi just couldn't bring himself to enter the kitchen. Not when Seokjin's body laid there as a reminder of his mistake. It was a bit morbid though, how for some unknown reason Yoongi had grown accustomed to the smell of rotting flesh. But at least the stench made the other creatures stay away from his apartment.

Yoongi was unsure of what to call them, after only being able to see one in his whole life, it seemed a bit wrong to give 'em a random name without much knowledge on what they were. So he had just settled on calling them creatures or things. It was easier than wracking his brain over a nameless monster.