The Other World

Word count: 1, 216

Edited; April. 13. 2019

Let's get crack-a-lacking! (For my dorkiness, I give you guys the permission to unfollow me 😂)

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

After talking in Pig latin it can get kinda boring, but somehow Coraline just does it for fun like it's nothing! It's getting late so I better head to bed, I walked out of the study, and towards my room hearing dad sigh in relaxation, forgetting about Coraline. My pajamas are waiting for me on my bed so I changed, after I closed the door though duh! I fell asleep once my head hit the pillow.

-time skip to an hour or two later-

I get scared awake from a nightmare, but I can hear a squeak in the room, I look under the bed to see a mouse. Glaring at it I whisper yell "hey!" Apparently I scared it and it starts running out of my strangely opened door. 'I thought I closed that, doesn't matter, I should get that mouse outside' I think chasing it. It went towards the room with the old painting of the sad boy with ice cream, but I didn't think it would go under that old door. I opened it and seen a blue-ish purple-ish way to I don't even know where!....... I crawled in still determined about finding that mouse.

I got out, it looks just like the regular room! "What?! How?" I ask out loud and look towards the painting to see the boy happy..... and has his ice cream on the cone. I raise an eyebrow, but continued to walk towards the kitchen hearing noises. I see mom "hey what're you doing up-" I stopped asking once I seen her eyes, or what's supposed to be her eyes. She has buttons.... for eyes... she's smiling "hey sweetie can you go get your Other father and tell him supper is ready. He's in his study" she says.

I still am looking at her questionly and ask "why do you have b-b-buttons for eyes?" She laughs completely surprising me. "I'm your Other mother, we all have buttons for eyes" she explains for me, so I just walked slowly towards the door and see what I think is dad in front of a piano. I smile trying to forget about the button eyes and say "umm dinner is ready" he turns and looks at me. I notice he's in his robe, and wearing orange monkey slippers "hey cookie, wanna hear my newest song?" I chuckle and say "my dad doesn't play piano" he chuckles too.

Then he responds with "don't have too. It plays me!" He lifts up his hands and gloves go on them, he looks back at the piano so the gloves start making up a song. (Also I can't rhyme with all of your guys names, because in the movie they rhymed with Coraline's)

"Making up a song about (Y/n)~

She's better compared to Coraline~

(Y/n)'s a peach, a doll, a pall of mine~

She's as cute as a button in the eyes of everyone whoever laid eyes on (Y/n)~

When she comes around exploring mom and I will never ever make it boring~

Our eyes will be on my precious (Y/n)!~"

Wait.... 'I wonder if Wybie thinks of me.... eh' I think but remembered about dinner "oh yeah dinner is ready" "who's hungry? Raise their hand." He says and raises his right hand but the left glove raises itself making both me and this.... I'm just gonna call him 'the Other dad' because it makes sense to me. We walked back to the kitchen to sit down at the table, but before I can sit down the Other Mother says "oh wait dear I forgot about the Other Coraline. Can you please go get her?" I nod and walk around a bit and found her in what I think is supposed to be her room. I tap her shoulder and say "Other sis, the food is done" she smiles.

She also looked over her shoulder, but then she makes a serious face and looks towards the door and yells "hold on!" Then shuts the door and walks quickly over to me. She grabs my shoulder and whispers "after his tay give he tay oll day ack bay to hat tay oy bay..... okay?" She says in Pig latin. It took me a minute to realize what she said "why? I ike lay it ere hay" I respond "let's go" she pulls me by my hand and we walk downstairs to the kitchen. Other mother was looking at us though and asks "what were you two talking about?" I smile and say "about the food, it smells delicious!... what is it?" "It's corn on the cob, potatoes, gravy, and turkey.

Now let's pray" we all put our hands in the position while dad said the prayer. He made a joke during it though making mom chuckle and slightly kick him from under the table. I make sure my laugh is quiet, but then start grabbing food, first a chicken leg, then some potatoes, and who can forget the corn!? "Here comes the gravy chain. Choo choo!" Other Mother says and a little train with a gravy boat starts coming it's way towards me. I can feel them all staring at me 'how can they even see anyways??' I think while trying to ignore the chill up my spine.

Other dad asks "would you like anything else?" I start to think and say "I'm really thirsty" "what would you want?" Other Mother asks while the chandelier comes down. I say my favorite smoothie and start to drink it until it's gone. When I finished it though I noticed a cake in front of me and then it spells out in frosting 'welcome home!' I look at it wide eyed. "Home?" "Yes, (Y/n) home. But first, before we eat cake would you like to play a game?" I look at her questionly and really confused "you mean like hide-and-seek?" I ask.

She smiles and says "perfect! Hide-and-seek in the rain" "what rain?" Once I ask that lightning strikes and it starts poring. I scoff and say "but what about the mud?" Other dad chuckles and says "we love mud here!" "Mud facials, mud baths, it's great for poison oak" she says and I instantly think of Coraline's hand. I was about to say something but I closed my mouth to think "well I should be getting home to my other family-" "but we're you Other family" Other Dad says.

I smile nervously and say "sorry I meant my other other family, family number one?" I show my index finger so they got my point. They agreed and then I went to my room to sleep, finally a night without nightmares!

Third person p.o.v

The Other mother looks at the Other Coraline and says "you better not be ruining this for me!" While glaring at her. Other Coraline shakes her head and scoffs saying "why would I? We've been doing this for like what? Forever!" If the Other Mother had actual eyes they would've been rolled. "I am letting you be able to speak whatever that language is so you two can get along. Also so I can get her quicker! Don't make me take it away!" The Other Father gets in-between and says "guys let's just catch some z's so then we can be ready for her next time." But secretly both the Other Coraline and Other father are trying to plan again so they can try to save you, and.....

Tbc

The Pig latin though "after this give the doll back to that boy..... okay?" "Why? I like it here" so... I hope I can serve you another chapter again soon!

~ILoveFood