Announcement of a Lifetime

"Claire did you hear what's going to happen tomorrow night?" Rylee asked.

I shrugged, a smile playing on my lips. "I'm not sure, could it involve the biggest announcement made by our favorite boy band of all time at 8pm!?"

"YES!" We both jumped up and down in excitement squealing. My big brother Steven came in and frowned when he saw us.

"And what has made you turn into screeching monkeys all of sudden. Your killing my eardrums."

I stopped jumping and crossed my arms facing my brother. "If I tell you then you are just going to give me crap about it."

"Now why would I do that?"

I sighed before telling him. "Rylee and I are excited because One Direction is having a livestream tomorrow night at 8 and they are going to announce something BIG."

Steven rolled his eyes. "Of course you would be squealing over your dumb boy band. Maybe their announcement is them finally breaking up."

Rylee gasped beside me and I just glared at him. "You always do this. You never let me get excited or tell you something cool about them. You always judge them before you get a chance!"

Steven scowled and walked over to me. "Look. You may be 19 but remember. I'm 22 and I can state my own opinions as well and I decide if I will give them a chance or not. I would've thought by now you would know I don't give a shit about your precious boy band. No one does! Not even mom and dad! Have fun watching your big announcement."

Tears pricked my eyes as I watched him back away and leave out the front door. I turned to Rylee who was twirling a strand of her hair and looking at me. "Are you alright Claire?"

I laughed bitterly as I wiped at my eyes. "No, I'm not. He always does this. He's been giving me crap about them since they became huge and I became a fan. It just hurts knowing I can't share something I love with my brother."

Rylee pulled me in for a hug and shushed me. "I understand. My sister is the same way and she's only 8," we both laughed. "Hey, even if your brother doesn't care, remember I do and as your best friend, we can both fangirl over them together."

 I smiled at her. "I like that idea."

The rest of the night consisted of Rylee and I fangirling and discussing what the announcment could be tomorrow. Rylee and I have been best friends for years now. Our mothers met at preschool and we have been attached at the hip since. Rylee is like a sister to me as I am to her. I love her to death and look up to her as well. She is so pretty too. Her mother is Portuguese and her father is white. She has her fathers smile and his hazel eyes but she has her mother's facial structure and her brown hair. She's also this glowing tan which I can't get over.

Me, well I am also bi-racial however my mother is white and my father is black. I deem myself as an oreo. Rylee also calls me weird on that too don't worry! I also have my mother's facial structure her big eyes. The rest is from my dad. I have his brown eyes with little specks of green from my mom and curly hair from his as well. My brother is pretty much a spitting image our dad but his personality traits are similar to mom's.

After much describing, back to reality where it is a hard life for me as a Directioner. I had Rylee follow me up to my room so I can show her my new 1D poster. It was them making funny poses for their Midnight Memories shoot.

"Ahh I love it!! Louis looks so hot too!" She smiled and threw up the Westside sign.

I just laughed at her. "Niall looks just as hot too."

Rylee rolled her eyes and checked her watch. "I have to head home Claire-Bear. I promised my mom I'd help her cook dinner."

"Oh alright then." I gave her a hug goodbye. "Where do you wanna watch the announcement? Here or at your house?"