for luke

*

Rest in Peace Luke Perry
1966-2019

"I always felt like something of an outsider. But I identified with people on the screen. That made me feel like I wanted to be up on the screen too. I felt like eventually, I would get there."

From when I first saw him in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' to falling in love with Fred Andrews

From when I first saw him in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' to falling in love with Fred Andrews. Luke Perry gave me Fred Andrews, the kind of man/character the world needs more of. A well-written and adjusted character that believed in supporting his son no matter what (no matter how many dumb-ass decisions Archie seems to make) and believed in keeping a healthy relationship with his ex-wife, co-parenting together to provide stability for their child. A character that not only took in his son's best friend when he had nowhere else to go, but opened his home up to the Serpents in their time of need; and the only character I haven't once hated while watching Riverdale.  It only speaks to Luke's talent that even though I know the character is fictional, I love Fred whole-heartedly.

Fred Andrews saves Riverdale. Fred Andrews is Riverdale.

Thank you, Luke x

*