Chapter 1

"For the sake of god, shut up Steph" I cried out in frustration. She seemed to be taken aback a little bit.I immediately regretted my actions as her eyes started to glisten. Yes, she is indeed super sensitive. I let out a sigh. "Look Steph" I said. "I know you are really into this relationship and all but trust me,he is a player. We both know he probably does this to every other girl he lays his eyes on." I let out another sigh and continued, "You deserve a lot better than him, Steph. You trust me don't you?". "Of course I do", she replied in a timid voice. I softened a bit. "Then believe me, he just wants one thing. You know that right?" I asked desperately hoping that she would understand. She nodded a little while her face was still in a frown. "Look Steph, I promised your parents that I would protect you with all my life. So please end this toxic relationship. He is no good news baby!". I looked at her with hopeful eyes but she being the stubborn little girl she was, she was still indicisive.I tried and gave her my best convincing smile that I could muster. She smiled too and then suddenly broke into a fist of laughter. I frowned."What's so funny?" I asked confused. "Yo-you should have looked at your face! It was epic!", She managed to say between the giggles holding one hand on her stomach and the other one resting on my shoulder. Her laugh was so contagious that i could not help myself but join in. The whole cafeteria roared with our laughter and all eyes were on us. Yes,we were the weirdest of the lot."I'll break up with him",she said out of the blue. Steph had that sweet little smile that I would give my life for. I smirked and gave her a tight hug.Soon after, the bell rang and we hurried to our classes.

Oh well sorry! I know you have no idea whatsoever about who I am. I'm Avery Leroy who has been a torture to her parents for 17 years. I live in the  town of Nashville. It's really a small town where almost everyone knows one another. I live here with my beloved parents and not so beloved sister Stephanie. When we first moved here, she was my neighbour. I was really small at the time and she was my only accomplice! Soon we became best of friends and were inseparable. Unfortunately a massive mishap struck her.She lost both of her parents in a car accident. She was only 8 at the time hence my parents took her in. Since then, we are sisters. But we are polar opposites. I like pop while she likes rock. I'm shy while she has the confidence to approach any guy. In free time when I read novels,she plays video games. I drink tea while she drinks coffee and the list goes on.

Enough said,let's come back to the present. I was currently sitting in my music class with Steph beside me playing some stupid game on her phone. Yes, I aspire to be a singer.
It is bright outside, all sunny and shiny. I was glad to secure the window seat as observing nature was my absolute favorite thing to do after music. Flowers scattered all over the garden, some wild, some grown but equally beautiful. I started to zone out thinking about my mother . She has been out of the country for several months now. You see, she is an FBI agent.She is the one I've looked up to as my hero all my life. I miss her so much and pray everyday that wherever she is, she is safe and sound. I was snapped back to reality when our music teacher, Mrs. Jones, AKA,"The Devil" entered the classroom. No one acknowledged her presence and even bothered to look at her. She coughed a little bit to gain our attention and clasped her hands together in fake excitement. "So class, today......" Oh lord. This class is going to be hella long!