01 | Nowhere to Be Seen

HE'D BEEN MISSING for a while now. If Gundham was being honest, he wasn't sure if the boy was ever coming back. Hell, no one knew where the boy had gone or why he had left so suddenly. He had vanished without a trace.

Kazuichi Souda had vanished.

It had been about a year since the boy's disappearance. There was not one lead in the case. No one could say anything about his whereabouts, and the news of his absence came as a shock.

The young male hadn't left anyone clues as to his whereabouts. No one had even suspected him of doing something like this. Kazuichi wasn't that kind of guy. He wouldn't just leave, especially if he had to leave everyone he loved behind. More specifically, he wouldn't leave Gundham. He couldn't.

But that's exactly what happened, isn't it? The boy had vanished. There was no note left behind. No one knew if he was even alive still. After nearly twelve months, there had been no news from him.

They had gone to the police (more specifically, Gundham had gone to the police). They had found nothing. Even Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu, the leader of a fucking yakuza clan, had gone to his men for help, and they had found nothing.

Gundham couldn't believe that there were no leads after almost a year of searching. A year of Kazuichi being gone. A year of fucking Kazuichi Souda not being by his side. A year could cause so much damage to someone.

Everyone knew Gundham and Kazuichi had a thing going on. It was pretty obvious. Once they realized that one didn't actually hate the other, they began to click. Gundham wasn't sure if they were really dating. Yeah, they used to cuddle here and there...and maybe they'd exchange a kiss or two...

He felt his face turn red at the mere thought of them together. He covered his face childishly before chuckling sadly. He missed Kazuichi.

Removing his hands from his face, Gundham glanced at the picture sitting on his nightstand. It was of him and Kazuichi. He grabbed the photo, chuckling at the image.

 He grabbed the photo, chuckling at the image

Sonia had taken the photo some time ago. Kazuichi had been the one to kiss him first, but he was rather embarrassed about it all. The mechanic only grew more flustered when Gundham grabbed his face and kissed him back.

Gundham remembered the moment so clearly. Kazuichi was absolutely adorable when he was flustered.

..."You're really charming when you're flustered, mortal," Gundham had laughed after breaking away from the kiss.

Kazuichi's pink eyes widened, and his cheeks became pink. He smiled softly, looking down at the ground, his face heating up even more.

"Y-You...you really think I'm cute?" He questioned shakily, peering up at Gundham with big eyes.

Gundham chuckled softly, ruffling the shorter male's pink hair. "I think you're absolutely adorable."

The Ultimate Mechanic beamed. He tugged on the breeder's scarf, tilting his head slightly to the side. He looked up at his lover with puppy-dog eyes. "Can I have this?"

The black and white-haired male was taken aback. "Y-You want my scarf?...Why?"

Kazuichi shrugged. "I dunno...reminds me of you, I guess...and..."

He trailed off, muttering the last part of the sentence. Gundham tilted his head. "What was that last part?"

"...It smells like you, alright?!" Kazuichi burst out, his face turning crimson. He covered his face with his hands feeling completely and utterly embarrassed.

Gundham thought about it for a second. He did have other scarves at home. He supposed losing one scarf couldn't hurt...

He removed Kazuichi's hands from his face, and the boy looked up at him with wide eyes. Gundham then proceeded to remove his own scarf causing Kazuichi to gasp. The breeder wrapped the scarf around the mechanic before pecking his cheek....

A drop of water fell onto the picture frame causing Gundham to snap out of his thoughts. He touched his face to realize he was crying. He faltered, his hand hovering over his cheek.

He cursed himself for being so weak. He was supposed to be strong. He wasn't supposed to cry. He had to keep it together - for Kazuichi's sake.

Angrily, he wiped the tears from his eyes. He snatched his phone from his nightstand, dialing the number he could never forget, no matter how hard he tried.

The phone rang, and on the fifth ring, it went to voicemail. As usual. Gundham called Kazuichi's phone every night since he went missing, hoping that he might pick up, or at least send him a text saying he's alright.

"Hey mortal," Gundham said softly. "I miss you. We're all waiting for your return. Just...call me back when you gets this, okay? I'm sincerely worried...I love you."

He hung up the phone, placing it back down on his bed. Suddenly, it began to ring. He picked it up, hoping it was Kazuichi, but alas, it was only Sonia calling.

"Good evening, mortal," Gundham said into the phone, rubbing his eye. "Why are you calling me at this ungodly hour? It's nearly one."

"You mean you haven't heard?!" Sonia shrieked into the other line. "Oh my gosh, Gundham!"

The Ultimate Breeder winced at her tone of voice. He rubbed his temple soothingly before letting out a loud sigh. "What troubles you?"

"They found Kazuichi."