10 | Breaking News

IN ALL HONESTY, the car ride home for Kazuichi was complete hell. Every time they hit a bump, he'd stiffen in his seat, scrunching his face up in a look of disgust. No matter how hard he tried to look normal, he couldn't help the nauseous look spreading across his face.

Eventually, it just became too much for him. He was hit by a sensory overload, and he just ended up falling asleep, face scrunched up in disgust. Gundgam kept glancing over to check on him, making sure he was still okay.

What was supposed to be a thirty-minute ride home turned into an hour. Traffic was hell, and it didn't seem to be clearing up anytime soon. They were backed up for miles.

The car slowed to a stop, stuck in a line of traffic. Gundham slammed his hands against the wheel in frustration, tossing his head back against the seat. A loud groan escaped his lips, but he immediately shut his mouth, remembering who was in the car.

Luckily, the pink-haired was still asleep. His head slowly began to move to the side until it was resting against Gundham's shoulder. The breeder's breath hitched in his throat as the cars in front of him began to move.

Placing one hand on top if Kazuichi's head to keep it in place, Gundham slowly began to move the car. This time, Kazuichi's face didn't seem to express to much pain, and instead, he looked rather relaxed at being in Gundham's presence.

Gundham let out a relieved sigh as the traffic began to clear. They were nearly ten minutes away. Almost home.

Home.

Oh, how that word had become a favorite of the couple as of late. That's all that had been on their mind for the past couple of days. They were both incredibly excited to head home - with each other.

However, Gundham had his doubts about taking Kazuichi home with him. Would Kazuichi even like it there? He had before the....well, you know....incident. But he was different now.

Biting his bottom lip, Gundham glanced down at the male sleeping on his shoulder. He sighed softly, using one hand to run his fingers through Kazuichi's hair while the other remained on the steering wheel.

He missed this. As much as he hated to admit it, he missed the physical contact he had with his mortal. He missed running his fingers through the mechanic's hair, missed wrapping his arms around him at night, missed that God-awful laugh of his that somehow managed to light up every fucking room-

God, it wasn't fair! None of this was! Nothing like this was supposed to happen! They were supposed to have a normal relationship! He wasn't supposed to leave! He wasn't supposed to be missing for a god damn year!

The breeder's grip tightened on the steering wheel, his knuckles turning ivory with the amount of force he was using. God, this wasn't fair!

Looking back down at the male, Gundham's expression softened. Tears sprang to his eyes, and he looked back at the road, pretending they hadn't been there in the first place. He was weak.

And he fucking hated it.

They got home, and Kazuichi was still asleep, his head remaining rested against Gundham's shoulder. Gundham grimaced. He didn't want to wake the boy - Kazuichi needed his sleep. However, that seemed to be the only option at the moment.

"Mortal, wake up. We are at my abode." Gundham gently shook Kazuichi awake, careful as to not frightened him.

"Huh?....Wha...What's goin' on?" Kazuichi murmured, not really awake. His eyes were half-closed, and ge looked ready to fall back asleep at any given moment.

Gundham got out and opened Kazuichi's door, offering a hand. "Come on. We are at our dwelling. You can return to your land of slumber once we get inside."

Nodding, Kazuichi took his hand. He still wasn't very awake, and he leaned against Gundham's body as they headed inside. The breeder unlocked the door, and Gundham guided the mechanic to the couch.

Kazuichi almost immediately layed down, using his arm as a pillow. Gundham threw a blanket over the boy only to find he was already out like a light. He kissed the boy's forehead in a motherly fashion before his phone rang.

"My Dark Queen, why are you calling me? I just got home-" Gundham began, but hewas cut off by the blonde princess.

"So you haven't...oh dear." He practically see Sonia nervously chewing her fingernails. "Gundham, turn on the news."

Confused, Gundham turned on the tv. "I don't really see what all this commotion is......about."

He trailed off upon seeing what was on the tv. In big bold letters at the bottom of the screen was, "LOCAL TEEN FOUND." Gundham's hands began to shake as a picture of the Ultimate Mechanic popped up on the screen. He froze, trying to process what was going on.

"Gundham...Gundham, are you there?" Sonia questioned from the other line, reminding the breeder he was still on the phone.

"Who did this?" Gundham growled into the phone. "I thought we agreed to not tell the media about any of this! Why is he on the screen?! Who found out?!"

"I have no idea who could've-....Oh my goodness. Gundham, you don't think-"

"What?!"

"Do you think Mikan told the media?"

✧ | ✧ | ✧

"Kazuichi Souda, want do you think you're doing up at this hour?"

The mechanic froze in his tracks, looking over at the middle-aged woman in the hallway. She had both hands on her hips, looking over at Kazuichi inquisitivy.

Scratching the back of his neck, Kazuichi smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, Ms Tanaka. I didn't mean to wake ya. I just had trouble stayin' asleep, and I didn't wanna wake Gundham up to talk about it, ya know?"

Ms Tanaka's expression immediately softened. She gave him a small smile, jabbing her thumb towards her son's room. "Oh, just get in there already. I told you that you didn't need to sleep in the guest room."

"But-"

"No buts," she told him. "Trust me, it's much easier to sleep when you know you're right next to the person you love."

Kazuichi's cheeks turned red in embarrassment. "How did you know we were-"

"Dating?" Ms Tanaka finished with a laugh. "Please, I know my son like the back of my hand. Nothing gets by me. Nothing. Now, head in there and get some sleep. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time you've slept in the same bed."

"Yes, ma'am."

A/N: Haha, we love shitstorm arcs. Get ready, children.