24 .

TWO EYES OPEN .

JIMIN

JIMIN .

"We all know Jimin's been having a hard time with his emotions lately, right? Taehyung came at the right time and it's unlikely any emotional youth wouldn't be infatuated with a beautiful stranger who's bringing an ounce of salvation. So what there's a chance this stranger will wreck your life? His danger is beautiful and interesting. Even if only temporary, infatuation is infatuation and if that so happens to breed happiness, it'd be stupid to refuse Jimin the right to see him."

Yoongi's words pool over me like vacant brushes of truth. But this truth doesn't feel good and I feel my eyes deepen with watery explosiveness.

It deeply saddens me to think that this stage of my life is just a temporary infatuation; a small and selfish act of my heart, clinging onto the sweetest flower.

But I truly meant what I said, I do want Taehyung in my future - it's distressing to even envision the prospect of him not being there.

"But it's not just temporary," I whimper, my voice barely reaching the quiet of the room.

"Jimin.." Jungkook's voice is suddenly sympathetic and there's no way I'll allow him to finish a belittling thought concerning my love life.

"You guys don't understand, we- we shared things and I really like him, it's not just because he's a distraction...he makes me feel good."

"In what way?" Yoongi questions, somewhat aggressively.

"I can't explain it," tentatively, I cross my legs, nervously running my hand across my thigh.

"But like, is it just him that makes you feel good or...like, the stuff he does to you?" Jungkook asks, being the suggestive little shit he is.

But there's no use in lying, "both."

Yoongi spits out his coffee.

"Jesus Christ our lord and saviour." Hoseok exhales, stifling his laugh when he sees Yoongi's unimpressed expression.

"You took it that far?" Jungkook grins, "Park Jimin, my boy."

"Shut up, you tank, we didn't go that far."

"But now you're attached to him?" Yoongi frowns.

"How far did you go then, Jimmy? Holding hands?" Jungkook teases, ignoring Yoongi.

"Shut up, piss-take."