Field Trip

It was 7 am when my phone rang.

"Hello...?" i answered groggily.

"Hey love sorry to wake you but you need to get up and go feed the horses because today we are taking a field trip!" It was Carter.

"What? Carter i have to ride like 6 horses today. i cant do anything else."

"Come on princess lighten up! ill help you ride them later."

"Yeah okay fine sure." i said

"So go feed and ill be there soon!"

"Okay bye."

I wonder what this boy has up his sleeve. I went outside and fed the horses and i gave Cajun and Leotie breakfast. It was 8:30 by the time i was finished and it was 9:00 when Carter showed up.

He pulled up and revved his engine.

"Come on baby get in!" he called to me. I couldn't help but grin. I ran over and climbed in the passenger seat. I buckled my seat belt and said "Where too?"

He replied with "No way jose." and lifted the center so it was now a bench seat. "Slide your pretty self over here." i did as i was told and slid over. He turned on the radio and i put my head on his shoulder and my hand on his knee.

"Where are we going?" I asked and gave him the puppy dog eyes.

"God you are cute" he replied "But i still aint telling ya."

"Damn you." i said. We drove for 15 minutes down dirt roads until we reached a clearing in the woods. He pulled in and put it in park. He shut the truck off and jumped out and held out his hand to help me down.

Still holding my hand he lead me around to the back of the truck and popped the tailgate. He came up behind me and put my hands over my eyes. I stood there blindly for a few moments.

"Okay you can look." He said. I could hear the excitement in his voice. I slowly lowered my hands. He had set up blankets and pillows and some flowers. Also there was a picnic basket full of food.

"You did all this for me?" i asked.

"You deserve more." He replied.

"Its wonderful." i said and climbed in. He followed close behind me.

I sat down against the tire and he opened up the picnic basket. He had made our favorite sandwiches and pizza rolls. I just had to laugh.

"I didn't screw anything up this time" He said with a chuckle. We ate and he put the basket in his tool box. We laid down next to each other and watched the clouds.

We laid there for a few hours just enjoying each others company and saying cute stuff to each other.

Finally we got up and drove back to my place. We got there and let my dogs out. We were cuddling on my front porch when a green mini van and a silver Prius pulled into my drive way. Both dogs started barking and i had to run and pick up Cajun so he didn't get run over.

I was standing just in front of the two cars as they parked. Carter came up and put his arm protectively around my waist. A woman got out of the van and a man with blonde hair that went just past his chin got out of the Prius.

"Hello Amy! Good to be here!" He shouted. I knew at that exact moment that this man was my brother Jason. It made sense because their license plates said Arizona.

"What the hell are you doing here Jason?" i said bitterly. I felt Carter hold me tighter.

"Well sis we are here for a vacation!" He told me. "Got an extra room or two? oh wait of course you do. you live all alone." He pushed past me and started walking towards the house.

Carter let go of me and stopped him.

"Listen here pal," Carter caught Jason off guard. "I don't know who you are but Amy don't seem to like you to much. You might want to respect that or i will make you."

Before Jason could reply Carter walked away and was back at my side.

Jason walked up to me and said "So can we stay here or no...?"

"Fine." i said through clinched teeth.