Chapter 9

Keith was pacing in the hallway outside the training room when Lance stormed out. They stared at each other for a few seconds, neither knowing what to say.

"Allura is about to lose her mind so if you don't want to be around when that happens I suggest we leave right about now," Lance finally said, walking down the hallway that led to the lounge.

"What did you say to her?" Keith asked. "I heard yelling but I couldn't understand what you were saying." Lance flushed a brilliant shade of pink.

"Basically said that she's a racist bitch that needs to get her act together... Pidge and Hunk included a few things in there too..."

"And to think you used to have the hots for her," Keith snorted a laugh at Lance's pained expression.

"Let's not bring up that rough patch in my life. I have long since matured and outgrown-"

"It was like a month ago-"

"-My silly little crush on her," Lance started talking louder to drown out Keith's voice.

"You're an idiot," Keith concluded, glad for the distraction of what happened in the training room.

"But I'm a hot idiot," Lance smirked at Keith's faint blush. Lance turned serious for a moment. "I don't know if Shiro is going to keep asking what happened on that ship, but Allura is somehow able to get into his head."

"I know..." Keith trailed off, looking down the hallway they had just emerged from. "I also know Pidge was probably able to hack into the security cameras, so she could just rewind them or something... I just don't want to..."

"Be there?" Lance offered softly and Keith nodded.

"It's hard because I could have fought him off if I had been a little bit stronger or-"

"Don't think like that. It makes recovering harder." Lance interrupted, earning a halfhearted glare.

"Then what am I supposed to do?" Keith snapped, frustration lacing his voice.

"Write your thoughts on paper then burn it. That's what I did," Keith didn't reply, instead opting to ungracefully sit on the couch.

Lance sat beside him and the two sat in silence. Until Lance got bored. He bumped his knee against Keith's thigh, grinning mischievously when Keith flipped him off. He then proceeded to spread across the entire couch, his head resting in Keith's lap.

Keith gave him a questioning look. "Are you bored or something?" Lance gasped dramatically.

"Oh, woe me! For thy hath been-"

"Yeah no. You're definitely not saying that right," Keith cut him off but a smile was ghosting his lips.

"Let's go do something," Lance said with a suggestive smirk on his face. Keith's face heated up considerably.

"You seem more and more desperate to get inside my-" Lance shot up, turning so he was eye level with Keith. Keith met his gaze triumphantly.

"You nasty little fucker"

"Says the dirty minded flirt," Keith smirked at Lance's loss for words. But what Keith din't realize is that Lance didn't usually operate by verbal flattery, taking more of a liking to physical flirtation.

He leaned in ever so slightly, parting his lips teasingly. Keith loosed a shaky breath, knowing good and well Lance was thoroughly enjoying himself. Their eyes met again, Lance's eyes glittering with amusement- and something else.

Keith cocked an eyebrow in a silent challenge. Then Lance slowly met Keith's lips with his own. The gentle kiss didn't last very long and soon turned desperate and heated.

Keith tangled his fingers in Lance's hair, earning a low groan of satisfaction. Keith melted at the sound and Lance pulled Keith's body closer to his own. Lance moved his attention to Keith's neck, sucking and biting hard enough to leave marks.

Lance ran his tongue over the sensitive bit of skin between Keith's neck and shoulder and Keith couldn't hold back a breathy moan, which only spurred Lance on. Not that Keith minded.

"Ahem," Both boys jumped apart at the intrusion. Shiro stood in front of the couch, trying and failing to not look amused.

"Allura broke into Keith's room and slashed up a lot of your belongings, so you have to room with somebody else. Though it seems like deciding who you'll stay with won't be much of an issue," Shiro winked at them before walking out.

Keith jumped off the couch and headed to his room. His bed was in shreds, mattress stuffing spilling out onto the floor. His dresser was toppled over, his clothes all stuck in a pile in the corner. The room smelled like smoke and he carefully kicked the pile over, revealing that she had indeed burned his clothes.

A note was on the floor next to the pile and Keith picked it up with a heavy sigh an began reading it aloud.

"I will not have your filth on my ship any longer... blah blah blah.... shut up Allura," Keith said, crumpling the letter into a ball and tossing it back on the floor. He turned back to the door and was surprised to see Lance loitering in the doorway, scowling.

"Pidge thinks I would be able to reconnect with Blue and you could reconnect with Red." he said quietly. "I think it's a good idea too, you're a better pilot than Allura is and she betrayed us all-"

"You'd do that?"

"I think we should... I mean, if you want to pilot Red again" Keith smiled and began leading Lance to the hangars.

The Lions loomed overhead the two boys, casting dark shadows in the entire room. Keith approached Red, kneeling in front of her and closing his eyes. He cleared his mind, searching for her familiar presence.

"How can I help you, little cub?" She asked, her voice echoing throughout Keith's entire body.

"I... I want to pilot you again. Would you let me?"

"I am aware of the Blue Paladin's hatred towards you, cub. I believe in you and young Lance's cause to take back your former positions. I understand you didn't want to leave me in the first place and those reasons are why I will allow you to pilot me once more."

Keith let a sigh of relief and climbed back into the comforting cockpit. Red thrummed with energy and Keith leaned back into the seat and Red roared, shaking the whole castle as Blue joined in a second later.

The rest of the occupants of the castle came sprinting out, Bayards at the ready. Shiro instantly relaxed when he saw Keith in Red's cockpit, albeit confusion was etched on his face.

"I'm back, bitches!" Keith shouted and Pidge whooped loudly while Allura gaped at them.

Soooo... another chapter down at 1,102 words for y'all. I'm really excited about how this story is falling into place. Now, on that note, sorry if you don't like how Allura is being portrayed in this story but I can't stand her so. Sorry not sorry.

Anyways, as always, let me know what you guys think and Thanks for putting up with me.

Purplesocks out :)