Ch 31 The Floor

Your heart was pumping usually fast as you walked beside him. The sun had lie low in the back, walking beside him. Hand in hand.

Unusually, the gesture made you breath a little better.

"How's life?" He said randomly. You laughed.

"Different without you." you replied softening you hands. He gripped tighter though.

"Different bad or good?" He said. You looked down.

"Neither. Bad, good, unknown." You said confused on your own response. He soften his touch. You two got closer to his house and you looked down the street a few blocks to your house.

"Come inside."

_______________________________________

Yoongi Brother Bear:There was an accident down the highway. I'm not waiting in the traffic, grab a hotel and stay safe. I'll pick you up in the morning. Tired from work.

You looked away from your phone as Taehyung came back out from the bathroom. Silently cursing to yourself, you held Gucci's leash tighter.

"Heading home?" He asked, his voice fading to sadness. You bit your lip.

"Ah- just grabbing a hotel for the night." You said. He looked plainly to you but you could tell he had an idea.

"... Just stay with me." Your heart pumped from the old memories.

"Here?" You said discarding your clumsy feelings. He nodded plainly.

"Just like we did before, in the living room. What do you say? Sleep over?" Taehyung's cute face with your rolling emotions weren't helping but you accepted anyways.

"O-Okay."

_______________________________________

Taehyung set up the sheets as you sat on the ground petting Gucci in your lap. He also took this chance to take a few glances at you. You were too focused on petting Gucci that you didn't notice. He finally finished tossing some pillows on the ground for him.

"Couch or floor?" He asked.

"I took the couch last time. Floor." You said genuinely saying the gesture. He nodded and tossed himself on the couch. You put Gucci in his cage that you placed in Taehyung's room where Yeontan also was sleeping at.

Surprisingly, the dogs were perfectly fine with each other.

You walked over to the floor and tucked yourself into the blankets as Taehyung shut off the lights.

The darkness took you in your vision and you closed your eyes.

_______________________________________

Breathing for almost a hour. You couldn't fall asleep. You didn't even know if Taehyung was sleeping fine or worse than you. Ever though he was a few feet from you, it wasn't clear.

A small sound filling the white space. A sniffle. It was coming from the right of you. Another one after a few and soon a small cough trying to mask the other sad sounds. It was from Taehyung.

You couldn't just stay there. Unconsciously, you slowly ruffled out of the sheets and his sounds were muffling.

You reached your hand under his blankets and caught his hand unexpectedly. You gently made your way to hold his hand with yours. Sitting up, you brought his hand to cuff around yours. Though his back was facing you, you could see him holding it back.

You stopped and slowly drew your hand back shuffling yourself back into the sheets. His sobs and sniffed weren't heard anymore but a question.

"Can we start again...?"