3. Thanksgiving Feast: Dinner And Dancing

I held Wendy's hand as we walk up the steps. She was holding my hand tightly. We make it to the top of the stairs out of earshot for most people, maybe not for a dragon slayer. 

Wendy speaks up, "Lucy can I have you as my big sister?" 

"Sure Wendy. I always wanted a little sister anyways. But more importantly I am your friend I will always look out for you and help you. True friends are loyal. Those girls also were jealous and definitely lying about your mom. Because I have known you for less time than they have but I already know that no mother would want to leave a person as great as you are." I say with conviction and warmth as we reach the door.

"Lucy," she lets go of my hand and starts to cry. I give her a warm embrace. She starts to bawl into my shoulder. Natsu is sprinting down the hall to his sister. Mira a little farther behind considering she is running in heels. "Wendy take a deep breath in and out" I open the door and grab a tissue from the nightstand near the door and hand it to Wendy. She wipes up her face. 

"Now can someone explain to me why my sister is crying? Because what you said to her was nice Luce." Natsu says running his hand over the back of his neck. Mira catches up to us. 

"I can explain while we look for a new dress for Wendy." I enter my room with light pink walls, there is a huge white L-shaped couch in front of a huge T.V. and Lacrima. I have a desk with my laptop and wireless speaker. I have various instruments on my one wall hanging. I have my huge bed right next to my window. I have a nice little balcony. But I have two closets and a large bathroom. I grab a large t-shirt for Wendy from my dresser and a pair of shorts. I give them to her. "The bathroom is over there. Go get changed. So your not so sticky."

"Wow Lucy your room is awesome." I hear Natsu say as he takes a seat on the couch.   

"Thanks, Mira look in that closet while I look in this closet." Pointing to the closet next to the restroom. Mira walks into the other closet and starts to pull dresses from the new collection for girls Wendy's age and I pulled some of my old dresses. As I am doing that Natsu comes into the closet with a wide eyed expression due to how big it is. "Luce I am sorry I did not introduce myself before I was rude my name is Natsu Dragneel. And I was having a bad day please can we start over," I nod, "Now what happened to my sister?" 

"Well the short version is she was being bullied. I stopped it. I got them to apologize. So it is all settled I will take action if this becomes a recurrent problem though." I say as I find three dresses. I turn to see Mira had heard the whole thing. 

"I'm going to burn them to ash." Natsu has a serious face on with crease lines in his brow. So CUTE.  

"There is no need I handled it."  

"So what did you tell them?" Mira asked trying to learn in case she has to deal with this when she takes over the Lady position.  

"Well I taught them that in business feelings still get involved. And if you have a bad reputation or bad blood between companies then your livelihood is at stake." I explained to Mira. She was nodding her head. "Oh and I said I would keep it between the parents and the kids there is no reason for them to be embarrassed due to their kids. So that means I will Lucy kick you if you tell someone." I smile. As I lay out the dresses, Mira laid out her dresses and Wendy had her hands wandering over the fabrics. "What do you think Wendy?" I ask. 

"I love this one." Wendy picks a Caribbean blue fluffy dress with pearls tracking up it making swirl patterns.  

"Alright go try it on." I say. She does and it is a little loose I walk over to the desk pick up the pin cushion and start to pin the dress.