1:A Spirit Is Born

A long time ago a young girl was playing in a field. Filled with flowers of every color. Then she noticed a small glow, the light was too strange to pass by so the little girl walked over to it. The second she got close, it moved away. Leading the little girl into what is known as; "The Forbidden Forest."

They say no soul has ever come out alive. Mystical creatures call it their home, creatures like from fairytales. The little girl continued chasing the glow, running into the forest without a care.

Meanwhile, the little girl's father and mother began to worry when they couldn't see her long honey blonde hair in the wind. They were too poor to afford to cut it so it grew to the ground.

The father then saw his daughter head into "The Forbidden Forest," quickly he ran as fast as possible. "Honey where are you going?" The man looked at his wife before running off.

"She's gone into the forbidden forest!" The woman gasped before turning away in tears. She couldn't bear to lose her only child. The man ran as fast as he could but little did he know what was happening to his daughter.

The young girl continued to follow the light, giggling and holding her hands out trying to catch the strange object. It led her deeper and deeper until it stopped. The little girl gasped in surprise as the light took the shape of a woman. But this one was very different, her hair was long and silver, but she had wings!

The young child giggled at the woman while the mysterious lady just smiled fondly at her. "Dear child." At once she stopped and looked at the woman in wonder. "I am this forest's spirit. But my time is at end. For hundreds of years I have searched for the right soul and you my child, are that soul." The little girl didn't know what she meant, all she knew was, this woman thought she was special. "What do you mean?" The woman knelt down and took the child's hand. "You will protect this forest."

The father was calling out her name, hoping to hear; "here daddy!" But no sound ever came. He stopped for a moment and then saw his little girl.

"There you are my little sunshine!" But when she turned around, it wasn't his little girl. It was a woman. Her eyes were pale white and her lips red as a rose. Her hair was flowing off the ground. But there on her back were wings. "Witch!" He shouted. The man grabbed his hunting knife and ran towards her.

But he was thrown back by a force. When he opened his eyes, there was his little girl. She was holding out her hands, protecting the woman. "Don't hurt her father! She means no harm!" The man jumped up and grabbed the knife. "No daughter! Get back! She will curse you!" At once the little girl felt sadness, she screamed out and a powerful force emitted from her hands. It threw her father back into a tree.

Immediately the girl felt herself begin to float. "Now my dear child. You are only human which means you will grow old but I have a solution." The woman opened her hand to reveal a beautifully decorated bottle. "Take this and it will make you immortal. But you must wait until you are 18 alright? Otherwise, it will not work." The young girl nodded, she might be young but she could understand the lady. "Alright, but what about-" A rustle and then a groan, the father had awoken and was grabbing his knife.

But when he looked at his daughter he couldn't believe his eyes. Her hair was now short, her little brown dress was light pink and her eyes were now glowing. "What have you done to my daughter you witch?!" The little girl ran up to her father, "Papa it's me!" The man looked at his daughter in disgust. "No. You are not my little one. You are not my daughter! You are a witch!" The young girl ran over to the woman and began to cry. "You... are banned from the forest. You will never bear another child! I curse you until the day you die!" The man watched as the woman sent light from her hands, and then darkness.

From that day forward the young girl learned everything she could until the spirit of the woman left. Her name was Lucia, and she cared for the young girl like her own daughter. However, the young girl's father was having less luck. After he was banned from the forest, he ran back to his wife and told her what happened. But the woman could not be content with living with a man who called their child a witch. "I want nothing to do with you!" The man tried desperately to find another woman and did. But after a few years, that marriage went up in smoke. Because of Lucia's curse.

Every day the young mother would try and look for her daughter but she never had luck. It seemed that her little daughter was gone...forever.

"Where are you my little Serena?"