Your Love (Is Dangerous)

Chuuya had always been something special.

It had started with their first meeting, something small and insignificant, considering that neither of them spoke- not even having a chance to do so as their respective mentors pulled them along as they went into opposite directions.

(Or more accurately, Mori pulled Dazai along, while Chuuya was gently led by Kouyou, Rimbauds hat gripped tightly in his small hands.)

Dazai had still seen the light in the eyes of the boy who he didn't know back then.

He didn't see the boy again until the boss ordered the first mission with both of them on the team.

It was the mission that would get them recognised as the terror inducing duo, Soukoku.

(He still remembered the young boy crying when they visited the graves of their fallen comrades. Dazai and Chuuya were the only ones who lived through that day.)

-  -  -

Dazai still remembered the feeling of surprise when he had seen the redheaded boy from Kouyou, Chuuya, standing at the meeting point, conversing with some of the grunts.

At the time Mori was almost done with drilling into him, that feelings were useless and only made it easier to hurt you, but Dazai had not felt much at all from the beginning anyway, and it was weird to feel something when he himself was convinced he just. . . couldn't.

As soon as Chuuya met his eyes, he smiled warmly and waved at him.

At that moment Dazai had felt his heart skip a beat. The boy in front of him still had the life in his eyes that Dazai had noticed when they first met.

It made him feel funny inside.

(Later that night, when he sits in the ruins of the organisation's building, holding the passed out Chuuya in his arms, he remembers the pain that skipped over the redheads face when he realized that they were going to lose a lot more men than expected, he remembers the fury that followed the small, "Stop me as soon as this is over, alright Demon Prodigy-kun?" And the whispered, "At least you are not going to die on my watch.".

He remembers the silent words he didn't catch before there was swirling black on the smaller boys body, and a black hole was flying towards the mansion, in front of which were still more than forty ability users waiting for attacks to block.

More than half of them were decimated in one strike.

Dazai remembers marveling about how horrifyingly pretty Chuuya looked while being in that state.

He remembers Mori's words.

He still catches Chuuya when he falls after having his ability disabled and he still keeps him safe from anything that may come before their reinforcements arrive.)

-  -  -

After that one particular mission, things became hectic. The boss died, Mori took his place, Dazai and Chuuya became Executives.

The amount of missions he had to go on with Chuuya almost doubled.

With time the young Executive started to understand Chuuya better, to read him and his moves. Sometimes he could even finish a sentence for the other boy, though he avoided swearing, what Chuuya seemed to do every second sentence.

Dazai started teasing Chuuya to get reactions from him. He didn't care what kind of reaction he got, just that he got one. He wanted the others eyes to light up because of him. Most of the time he got his wish, when Chuuya's eyes blazed with fire at his taunts.