Chapter 1

I flopped on my bed on my back, starring up at my blank sealing. The memory of that day I met my BFF in first grade (aka only friend) came to me. I can't believe it's been ten years!

"I hate it! I want Purple!", the boy that was a cross me whined.

"But your a boy!", Hannah exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's a girl color, silly!", giggled out Amy.

"No it's not! I know a lot of boys that like the color purple!" I tell them.

"Thank you! At least someone understands!" the boy said again.

"Well I don't wan't a boy that likes purple at our table!" shouted Hannah.

"Fine!" the boy said.

"Fine!" Hannah said.

Then the boy took his paint, that he wished it was purple but was yellow, his burshes and paper to a table across the room and the two girls startted to laugh.

"That's not funny!" I said harshly. "My mama said if you got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all!"

"Then your mama's wrong! My mama says I got freedom of speech!" Amy growls.

"You know what? I'll go sit with him!" I shouted again.

"Good! Go sit with that loser boy!" Hanna glarred.

"Fine, I will!"

So I marched over there with my own paint, paper, and brushes. I layed my stuff down on table and sat beside the boy.

"If you stay over here your friends won't like you anymore... Then, they might pick on you too..." he said in a soft, sorrowful voice.

"I don't care. They were mean to you and then me, they wern't true, good friends," I said. "I'm Leela, what's your's?"

"Tyler," he whispered.

"Well Ty, here!" I said pushing over my purple paint.

"I can't, it's yours-"

"No," I interupted and grabbed his yellow.

"LEELA!!" my dad screamed from done stairs.

"Uh oh..." I said to myself.

My bedroom door burst open and my dad stood there in my doorway. His breathing had gone fast, his face all red with his fist balled up into fist.

"LEELA!" he growled.

I bulted up, sitting up fully so I could see him better. I widen my eyes and even my hands start shaking a little.

My dad only got angry once before and that was after mom past away. He went to the bar and got himself drunk. I'm hoping he's not this time. He gets so angry and violent...

Then dad did something I didn't think he would do at the time... he burst out laughing, clutching his stomach and bending over.

I just staired. "What the heck??"

"Ohh, Leela!" he straightened and looked at her. "APRIL FOOLS!!"

I smirked and started throwing pillows at him. "Dad! You scared me!!" I screeched.

"Hahaha, I know. You should of seen your face!" he wiped his laughing tears away and tossed my pillows back on my bed. "Okay, come on. You're going to bed late if you don't hurry!" he said turning, chucking out of my room.

"I'll just blame it on you!!" I called out smiling.

"And I'll blame it on High School laziness!!" I herd him laugh. "Get a move on!"

"Yeah, yeah!" I got up to start off the morning. My smile faded as I saw the picture fram of mom on my nightstand, knowing she would of got a kick out of dad's joke.

~¤~°~¤~

After I showered and dressed, I grabbed my bag and keys and zoomed down the stairs.

Dad stood there by the front door with a closed coffee mug and a piece of toast.

"Lots of creamer?" I raised my eyebrows as he handed me my mug full of coffee and the toast.

He nodded once kissing me on the cheek. "Yep, and lite on butter!"

I smiled and gave him a hug. "Love ya dad!" I said as I walked away.

"Love ya too, drive safely!" he called and shut the door.

Getting into my car, I started the engine, tossing my bag into the passenger set and backes out of the driveway.

~¤~°~¤~

I parked my car in an empty parking space and shut it off. Locking up my car, I wrapped my jacket closer to me as my phone rang. I looked at the time before answering it. I had 10 minutes to get to class. I couldn't be late. Again.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Lee! I need your help!"

"Uhhh!" I ground. "What now, Tyler?"

"Uhhh, what now Tyler," he mumbled. "Just come and pick me up, okay? Hurry we don't have very long before school starts!''

I sighed knowing he was right, "Okay. You better have a good reason!"

"I do baby doll. I do," he laughed and hung up.

Getting back in my car and zooming towards his house, I smiled remebering the nickname he gave me since we were little.