Chapter 8: Can't Stop This

❤️Mac❤️

I close my eyes just as Ryan's lips touch mine. His kiss starts soft and gentle, but utterly, utterly perfect. Did I expect anything less from Australia's Romeo? Absolutely not. My toes curl, my heart lurches. Lust rips through my centre like a rocket ship taking off; the heat it generates makes me feel as if I'm about to melt into the floor.

I remove my hands from the front of his shirt so I can wind my arms around his neck and bring him closer to me. And that's when everything changes. His kiss goes from soft and teasing to hungry and possessive in the blink of an eye. My lips part underneath his, allowing his tongue to slide along the length of mine, stoking the fire already burning low in my belly.

His hands wrap around my waist, pulling me snugly against him and I can feel the long, hard proof of his desire. Satisfaction sweeps through me as he moans and deepens the kiss even further, his mouth and tongue doing the most sinfully wicked things to me. My knees wobble underneath me—hardly surprising since my entire body feels as if it's made of jelly.

He tears his mouth away from mine to take a breath. "I knew it would be like this." He backs me up against my kitchen bench, then his mouth is on mine again.

I don't need to ask him what he means. It's as if he can't get enough of me. And I understand that feeling all too well. I can't get enough of him, either. I've waited a long time for this moment. But this is about more than the poster I had on my wall at fifteen. This is about more than the crush I had on Ryan before I knew him.

The man in my arms is someone I respect and admire greatly. A friend. Someone I care about deeply. Too deeply. I already know I'm dangerously close to falling in love with him. I've tried so hard not to make the same mistake with Ryan that I made with Danny, but it's hopeless. I can't stop this. My head snaps back with the force of my thoughts, exposing my neck. I shiver and cling tighter to him as his lips graze the sensitive skin just under my ear before trailing them down my neck.

❤️✨❤️✨❤️

Ryan

Things are far too heated. I'm already too worked up. My whole body feels as if it's on the verge of exploding. The need to merge my body with hers is so strong I don't know how to resist it. I've held myself back from her for so long, denying what I want—what I need, and now that she is finally in my arms, I have no control left to stop what we're doing.

I feel her tremble. I taste the perfume on her neck. It's all one giant turn-on. Every resolve, every rule – every determined thought I had about resisting her is crumbling rapidly. I've done everything I can to avoid giving in, but the truth is that I just can't do it any longer. I can't kiss her and touch her and not need more. If she doesn't want this then she has to be the one to stop us.

Her cheeks are rosy and her eyes are filled with lust and more than a hint of vulnerability as I pull away to look at her.

"Mac, I want you too much. I can't stop this."

"What is this, Ryan?" she asks me huskily, uncertainty warring with the desire in her gaze. "What are we doing?"

I swallow. She has every right to ask; every right to know, but I don't know what to tell her. I have no idea what we're doing—what I'm doing.

"I don't know, Mac. I know that I should, but I don't. I just know that I can't seem to be around you anymore without wanting to be with you. I've tried staying away from you, but I miss you so damn much. We have these scenes coming up and...I don't know what I'm doing or what this is. I don't know how I handle this thing between us."