Phantom and Night chap 5

"Human"

She says under her breath. Aren't they human too? Why do they kept saying I'm human as if it's a big deal?

"Well. You are him. Are you?" I eyed her confused as I pull my hand off her grip.

"Anyway. Those flowers are poisonous. Hidden in their preserved beauty and everlasting life is a toxin that can paralyze you, dear one."

What? I almost touched that!

"But not all poisonous things are harmful. Those flowers are only poisonous when they're frozen. During spring it can be the finest tea you'll ever taste." She says looking rather proud too. Why do I get the feeling that her first sentence has double meaning into it?

"Come, let's go back in. You must be cold." Cold? I look up when something melted on my cheek. Snow. I forgot. How did I? When the world seemed so beautiful.

The coldness was not a bother anymore.

She walked and I followed her. We went inside the house again and the maids bowed at us especially her.

"Marcus! My baby!" She suddenly yells out. Running with open arms at Marco. Quickly trapping him in her arms.

"Ack! Woman! Get off me!"

"Call me Mommy!" She whines loudly as she forces a hug onto Marco.

"Call me Marco before I call you that woman!"

"You're no fun Marcus." She whines again. She's Marco's and Liam's.. Mother? She looked so young.

"Good Afternoon Mrs. Night."

"Oh hello there Cros." She untangles her arms off Marco who looked like he was strangled half to death.

" Can you kindly fetch a meal for Warren and I." She knows my name?

"My pleasure, Mrs. Night." He bows. Making Marco cringed.

"Don't do that anymore. You're like a family now, Cros. Call me Auntie." She giggles like teenaged girl making Marco frowned.

"O-okay Aunt--"

"Don't you fucking dare, Cros." Marco warned and she just laughed.

"Now-now Marcus honey. Don't curse in front of Warren. C'mon Warren."

She walks towards the so called living room that's as huge as Liam's room. She set up the TV and DVD player.

"I bought a movie earlier. It's called.. Frozen." She laughs loudly like something was funny from what she said. Well I don't get it but I just go with the flow since I was forced to sit down with them. It was an animated movie. We ate while we watch the movie. Weirdly. Marco and Cros is watching with us.

"I knew you'll join us, Marcus." She giggles and Marco sush him, glaring at his Mother like she's annoying him. He likes this kind of stuff? Well. It is a good movie. I eyed the clock. It was still so early. When will Liam go back? Why am I here anyway?

I stood and thought they didn't mind. All three of them eyed me and Cros was first to ask.

"Where are you going? Comfort Room?" He asks me. I just nod and he nods at me. I walk away and instead of the bathroom. I went outside the huge doors. The maids were too busy to see me as I walk outside. The snow was falling slowly and blanket the whole place evenly. So perfect. It felt peaceful. Maybe I was cold or maybe not. I felt weird. This place felt odd. I walk out, leaving footprints in the snow. Where should I go? Why did I stayed in that place in the first place? Maybe because I felt needed? Like Liam would never harm me. Nor leave me. But.. I'm afraid. What the hell is this feeling? The feeling like I knew him before all of these? I walk and walk and didn't bother looking back when suddenly I felt a strong hand grip my arm.